Chapter 16 - Accidental Shift

Flame

Chapter 16 - Accidental Shift

.

My eyes raise to my brother's face, heat spreading to my cheeks at the scowl on it. I turn to Christopher next and send him the most deadly glare I could muster, even if Nicholas hadn't stopped him. Then my heart squeezes because... just the fact that they straight up asked my brother if they could sleep with me was... oddly warming. It was... it was cute and I absolutely-

"Of course, we don't need your permission, but we wanted to formally ask" Christopher continues.

Seriously, Christopher? You were doing so good!

I palm my face and groan while Lukas snickers as well as Kyle, Cameron and Thomas. When I look up at my brother, his scowl had deepened and I sigh softly. "Ian, please."

My brother turns to me, "I haven't even said anything!" he protests to which I raise an eyebrow. His eyes narrow, "Okay, fine, I probably was going to tell him to fuck off" he admits to which Christopher scowls in displeasure. "What do you expect me to say when someone asks me they want to sleep with you?"

"My mates" I correct.

"Same fucking thing" he scowls and I roll my eyes. "You're barely eighteen, Brandon! They're my goddamn age!"

"Age technically doesn't matter" Lukas adds, obviously trying to lose my brother off. "Their mating is forever- as is yours with Eliza."

My brother runs his fingers through his hair, "Not yet" he finally sighs to which both my mates let out angered snarls. My brother shoots them an icy glare before turning back to me, "You turn nineteen soon. Wait until after."

"We've waited long enough" Nicholas snarls lowly. "We don't need your permission to complete our mating."

"You're asking me to let you get in my little brother's pants. You expect me to be fucking ecstatic? After what happened to him?" he spits out. That made me look down because he obviously thought I was scared. He obviously thought they would hurt me. "I said not yet."

"Ian" I murmur while raising my eyes to his, "You're trying to protect me- I know that, but you don't need to protect me from them. I really need this. I need them" I add.

My brother stands, "Do what you want, Brandon. I said what I think, you do what you want" he says before making his way out of the kitchen.

Christopher lets out a snarl, "I seriously don't like the guy" he growls angrily, fists curling.

"He's scared" I murmur while holding the warm cup of chocolate. "He doesn't have to be, but see it from his point of view. He grew up having to take care of a baby; having to change it and clean it and keep it- me- alive. He saw me being... abused. He's scared of letting me grow up. He's scared of letting me do my thing because his whole life was meant to take care of me. Take that away and what is he going to do? He has Eliza, but his focus for so many years has been to keep me alive. He thinks you are, in a way, asking him to hand it all over to you two. He doesn't know that's not true."

"That's just-" Christopher begins in an angry snarl.

Nicholas cuts him off, "I respect that" he says before turning to me, "But we are not waiting on our mating. That he has no say."

They leave and I lay my upper body on the counter with a groan, "Why can't they just get along" I groan with a pout. Lukas simply rolls his eyes as he stares down at me.

"My brothers are hard to get along with" he states before giving my back a pat, "I have to go for patrol. The guys and I will be back later."

I sit up to watch them leave and I turn to Gabbie as she shrugs as she stands, "I have to go with my dad today. You'll be good on your own for a while?" she asks.