Chapter 29 - Milo?

Flame

Chapter 29 - Milo?

.

I would never see Ian ever again. I wouldn't see Christopher or Nicholas or even Milo and the others. Gabbie or Cameron. I would never see my family again.

I couldn't even be left alone to die in peace.

No. I guess the idea of me dying without suffering enough was too much for father. He wanted me to pay for taking Ian away from him, he wanted me to feel anything but happiness ever again. He really was sick. Cody was right, he didn't deserve to live. He didn't deserve to be alive anymore. Father's like him... that treated their sons the way they treated us... those fathers didn't deserve to be fathers. They shouldn't have been let to parent in any way. 

We shouldn't have had to grow up with those... scars. They were the ones that were supposed to keep us from that, to shield us from all of that. Not give them to us. Maybe I'd done something too horrible... but it didn't mean that I deserved any of that. I hoped I didn't.

I crack my eyes open slowly and study the top o. The roof of the car. It had been there a while, moving every so often and getting blurry other times, but it was all i could see for the past couple of times I've opened my eyes. 

I wasn't bleeding much anymore. Father had taken care of that. He'd taken the bullet out, had cleaned it and wrapped it up. I didn't think he'd been in his right mind to operate, but apparently I'd been passed out. I woke up on the backseat, laying back with a thick gauze wrapped around my abdomen. The only way I knew it wasn't correctly stitched was the small red stain slowly forming on the white cloth. 

It would be so completely easy to kill myself. I could just remove the gauze and let myself bleed to death. Father was too busy driving to even look at me. He probably knew I didn't have the energy to even move. But the thing was, I didn't want to die. I wanted to see Christopher and Nicholas and Ian. I wanted to see Milo and even Will, who was always protecting his mate with everything he had. I wondered how he felt, if he'd found Milo. I wished he had. 

My eyes travel to the back of father's head and I manage to evade his assault, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to again. A sudden wave of cold hits me and I try to curl up into myself- it hurt to move. I wasn't sure where exactly I was, but it was probably a long ways from home. 

"...Sam..." Father was mumbling. He really believed that this Sam was real. Then again, maybe she was. Maybe she was my mother. Maybe Ian wasn't really my brother. How would that explain Ian remembering Sarah being pregnant. And if Samantha really was my mother, then where was she? How did I end up with him

The next time I wake up, the car was parked by the side of the road. Father wasn't in the driver's seat and i was all alone in here. I sit up slowly my eyes immediately going to see if the keys were there, but feeling my heart sink even more when they weren't. My brain immediately thinks about running away but with how I was, I wasn't sure how long I'd last. I didn't know where I was. 

I also didn't have time to think about any other type of escape because i'm startled by the door being pulled open hard, Father giving me a cold glance as he fixed his pants. He climbs into the car and slams the door closed, setting his pistol on his lap. The next plan my brain has is reaching for it, but I immediately cancel that one out. I probably wouldn't even make it half ways towards the pistol. 

Instead I lay back down and force my eyes to stay open, my brain aware for any opportunity. Who knows how long he had been gone this stop. Maybe if I hadn't slept, I could've been far away. Father's voice breaks me from my staring at the wall. "I've seen you."