18. Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

Start from the beginning

Timoteo hummed, nodding his head in understanding, he let his gaze shift to Iemitsu who was still taking some notes before resting his gaze on Yucca's relaxed figure. Hearing the sound of the pen scratching the paper stop, Timoteo asked his next question.

It went on this way for a while. Timoteo and Iemitsu (mostly him) asking Yucca question about his change of heart and thoughts about joining the Varia and breaching his contract with the Vongola before turning against them. Finally, after an hour of exchanging, the interrogation focused on the rings' battle's case.

The question was a simple one: describe the ring battle from your point of view.

"From my point of view..." Yucca repeated pensively. "I'll spare you what happened while the others were around since you probably heard it already," he mused, rubbing his chin as he began to rattle his memory in search of what he could tell the Ninth and his Consigliere.

"Like everybody, I attended the fights. I cheered the other's on and am partially responsible for Bel's ruthlessness against Gokudera Hayato since I told him to end it in one minute and not to show any mercy," he began, his gaze stern.

"I suppose infiltrating Namimori before the fight made me soft though," he admitted, giving his interrogators a half-lie. He couldn't possibly tell them about his stay in Kunigigaoka junior high as Koro-sensei.

At the mention of the male going to Namimori before the rings' battle, the two men perked up. Eyes narrowed as they urged the raven head to go on.

"Yeah, the Boss asked me to collect information on the kids as a test you could say." Timoteo and Iemitsu nodded pensively. "Anyway, as I said it made me a bit soft so I sent them get-well gifts after each fight. To make myself feel better I guess," he muttered at the end. "I also sent Squalo and Luss to the hospital after their fight. Because I follow the Boss doesn't mean I agree with his every deed, so I decided to bring those two to a hospital in Tokyo. You can look it up if you want. I called them under the name Chouku."

Timoteo hummed, his eyes softening a bit at the mention of the get-well gifts and sending his two comrades to the hospital. Next, to him, Iemitsu took some notes about the hospital, and name Yucca gave them.

"I also ate some sushi with Bel at TakeSushi," he said, observing the two males to see if they reacted at the name. "And went window shopping. Nyurufufu," his signature laugh escaped his lips at the thought. "I also bought an extremely unfashionable shirt if you're interested in my purchase."

Taking a gulp of the glass of water in front of him, Yucca continued. "Then came the cloud battle... but I suppose you know this one quite well already," he mused.

"Did you know Lord Ninth was inside the Gola Mosca," Iemitsu interrupted the raven head, his voice stern, and threatening.

"I did, my role in the plan wasn't minor. I was in charge of making Gola Mosca go out of control," Iemitsu and Timoteo tensed up. "After all, Gola Mosca was my proxy for the fight. He listened to my every order," he declared, a seemingly mocking smile on his face.