Chapter Ten

"Ah."That was all Kyuhyun had said when Jungkook told him the full story. The esteemed detective had invited them all to the Central Shopping Mall to investigate once again. Only Yoongi,Hoseok,Namjoon and Seokjin stayed behind at the apartment,looking through files once again.

"But why are we at Starbucks?"Jungkook asked.

"We're meeting someone important."

"Ryeowookie?"He was rewarded with a pinch on the thigh. "AH,hyung!"

"Only I can call him that,"Kyuhyun huffed. "Anyway,Ryeowookie is a lot of help because he's good at piecing things together,and that's an ability we need now."

"Okay...oh,Jimin's back with our drinks. Hyung,I think you scare him."

"I'm not that scary."Kyuhyun almost pouted,but he caught himself and leaned on one fist.

"Here,"Jimin puts the tray on the table and starts giving them out. "Hot chocolate...Jungkookie?"

"Yup."Jungkook took the mug.

"What a child."Kyuhyun sniffed with no real bite to it.

Jungkook kicked Kyuhyun's shin,causing his knee to bang against the underside of the table,and in turn making the water from the drinks jump.

"Don't make me tell Leeteuk-hyung."Taehyung threatened,arriving at the table with a shopping bag in his hand.

"You wouldn't dare,"Kyuhyun glared at him,before his gaze drifted to the bag. "Gucci...?"

Taehyung stuck out his tongue. "More than you could afford."

"I buy Armani and Louis Vuitton. Michael Kors is already normal for me,"Kyuhyun said dryly. "Try me."

"Kyuhyun-ah!"

Kyuhyun whipped around,his expression changing into one that resembles an excited puppy. "Ryeowookie!"

"Am I the only one that's confused?"Jimin whispered to Taehyung.

"It's been long since I've seen you,"Ryeowook hugged Kyuhyun. "How have you been?"

"I'm fine..."Kyuhyun murmured,pulling up a seat for him. "This is Jungkook,Jimin,and of course,Taehyung."

"I've heard a lot about you,Jungkook. Especially from the older hyungs."Ryeowook took a seat.

"Well,you should know what Kyuhyun-hyung does to us!"Taehyung declared accusingly.

"What?!"

"No!"Kyuhyun interrupted,horrified.

"Can we please do the work?"Jungkook decided to save Kyuhyun,only this once.

"Yeah,"Ryeowook brightened. "I'm glad that I'm of help. What do you need me for?"

Kyuhyun glanced around,his serious look slipping on,before handing him a yellow file that Jungkook had brought. It contained all the information that Namjoon managed to gather.

Ryeowook looked through the file,his gaze scanning everything carefully.

"This is a tough one,"Ryeowook began. "However...it's not impossible. Jennie and Seungri have a connection."

Kyuhyun blinked. "Really?That was fast."

Ryeowook smirked. "My skills are not that rusty,"He tapped the file. "These two photos were taken at the exact same day,and the both of them were at the exact same place at the exact same time."

Jungkook peered at the Instagram photos that had been printed. "You're right,"He realised. "But maybe it was just a coincidence."

"Maybe not,"Kyuhyun leaned nearer to Ryeowook to look at the file. "Look at this. This is not a random drunk post. He's communicating in a cipher."

"A cipher...?But why would he..."Jungkook trailed off,a shiver running down his spine.

"Seungri was being watched,"Ryeowook finished grimly. "And probably not by the government."

"This was posted the day before it went missing,"Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes. "The Atbash cipher. It spells out 'Jennie'."

"Oh my god."Taehyung whispered.

It was now Jimin's turn to look at the file. "What is that?"He asked,his tone horrified.

Everyone went still as Jimin put his finger on a picture of Seungri that was taken by the government as an assessment. Jungkook looked closer. He was reaching out for something on the shelf,causing his sleeve to fall back.

"It's a scar,"Jimin breathed. "A long scar. But it's so...jagged. Too jagged."

"Seunghyun,"Kyuhyun immediately decided. "Call Seunghyun,Kookie."

Jungkook fumbled for his phone. He pressed Seunghyun's contact and called him.

"Hello?"His voice sounded husky,as if he had just woken up.

"Hyung,does Seungri-hyung have a scar?"Jungkook asked hurriedly.

"No. We've seen all his training exercises,"Seunghyun sounded more awake now. "What is it?"

Jungkook swallowed. "There're something we have to tell you..."