Chapter Three

No wonder Kyuhyun said the case was impossible.

Jungkook felt a headache coming on as he reviewed all the evidence again. Taehyung sighed from the opposite side of the coffee table and sipped his ice mocha.

"I don't understand."Taehyung echoed both of their thoughts.

"Me neither. I mean,Kim Jennie was seen at the shop,buying a certain brand of green tea and then she went off. But the cameras don't even show her two weeks ago when she visited the shop. They've checked it,but there was no sign of a virus or a hack,"Jungkook rattled his fingers on the table. "It is what hyung had said-impossible."

He watched as a grin came over Taehyung's face. "Seungri-hyung doesn't know about this case...right?"

"What are you suggesting we do?"He felt wary now-they were not under supervision.

"Let's contact him. Let's see if he-"

The phone rang,sharply cutting through their conversation. Jungkook was startled,but quickly recovered to pick up the call.

"Hello?"

"Jungkookie. You need to come to the department now."It was Chief Donghae.

He felt alarm rising at the urgency of the tone. "Is everything alright,hyung?I'm making my way there now."He violently beckoned to Taehyung that they needed to go.

"You'll know when you get here. Prepare yourselves."

The call dropped,and Jungkook felt the urgency more intensely as he brisk-walked through the gathering crowd,explaining to Taehyung about the situation.

In his haste,he rammed into someone in a hoodie,causing the person to stagger backwards.

"Oh my god,I'm so sorry!"Jungkook widened his eyes,before bowing profusely. He finally lifted his gaze,and caught sight of the man's face.

He froze.

"Kim Seokjin?"He whispered.

Seokjin widened his eyes,before barging past them and making a run for it. Jungkook whirled around and chased him,not waiting for Taehyung. Seokjin ran into the tight crowd,pulling his hoodie over so that his recognisable pink hair could not be seen. In a few moments,Jungkook lost him.

Taehyung finally caught up with him,panting harshly. "We have to tell Jungsoo-hyung."

Jungkook stared at the crowd. "I think they already know."