When the muscle is needed

Start from the beginning

Salem: "ah good, and where is your leader?"

Y/n: "right here your highness."

Salem: "ah my faithful first rider

Salem: "ah my faithful first rider. How was your recent mission?"

Y/n folds his arms and smirks. Nora behind him throws down a small hessian sack, the sack makes a squelching sound as it lands. a deep red blood stain covering the bottom half of it

Y/n: "let's just say the Xiao Long family won't be a problem anymore."

Salem: "perfect. Now then, we have a job for you all."

Y:/n: "that's why we're the best. Now who needs to-"

Mercury: -*huff* "we don't need you! You guys are pointless, it's me and Emerald who get the job done."

Velvet: "aww sounds like someone's salty babe."

Y/n: "what's wrong mercy? Upset that you're not the best anymore? Cinders not complaining... I mean she can't seem as... y'know... she's dead."

Emerald: "yeah because of you!"

Salem: "Emerald. There is no need of that. Nora, come here please." Nora walks over to her and goes down on one knee. "Before you all arrived Emerald was next in line to inherit the maidens power should Cinder fall."

Y/n: "wait... was that pun intended your grace?"

Salem smiles at Y/n then refund her gaze to Nora who has her head down in respect
Salem: "Nora, you are to be the next fall maiden."

Nora: "I'd be honoured ma'am."

Y/n: "well this is lovely but didn't you have a mission for us?"

Salem: "indeed. You are to travel to Anima, and make contact with a raider tribe. The name Raven Branwen should be familiar to you."

Y/n: "oh... y-yeah."

Salem: "something amiss Y/n?"

Y/n: "no ma'am. Just never thought I'd have to meet her."

Salem: "I need your team to make contact with her raiders. I will give you further instructions once you have. I trust you can accomplish this task?"

Y/n: "of course my lady. Riders, mount up! We're moving out in 20 minutes."

*small timeskip- Y/n's POV*

I open the door to mine and Vel's quarters and give a sharp whistle making my chain unravel from the bedpost and wrap around my torso. I feel a pair of hands wrap around my stomach and hold me tight.
Y/n: "hey bunny. Shouldn't you be saddling up shattered star?"

Velvet: "in a moment. But..."
I turn around to stare into her eyes. Those eyes I would do anything for, that smile I'd kill for, and have.

Y/n: "Vel, you don't have to come. Honestly I'd prefer knowing you're safe here, What with our little rider getting bigger all the time." I rub her stomach and smile "how's he doing?"