5~

"I don't see why you can't go with me?" I asked roman while standing up from the couch, it had been a few weeks since we found out about the baby, to say we were excited was an under statement. "I told you. I have some paper work to do at the tower, but I promise next time I'll clear my schedule. I pinky promise." I nodded my head as he walked towards me and placed a kiss on my head. suddenly a knock at the door pulled me away from him, the stench of death and vanilla hit my nose automatically. roman walked over to the door and opened it. a tall beautiful woman stood at the door. her long black hair flowed around her shoulders like a waterfall.

"Roman." she simply said, her eyes made their way to me. "is this the other one you've gotten pregnant?" the mysterious woman said. "Jesus roman, you really need to wear protection." she walked past him and over to me. "darling how are you." I looked at Roman confused, "nadeline this is Olivia, my mother." mother? she looked like she could be his sister, of course, she's an upir. no wonder she was so beautiful. all upir's are beautiful. "its a pleasure to meet you." I said smiling at her. "likewise."

she turned back around to Roman, "do you realized what kind of half breeds you will have?" her words angered me, this was our child she was talking about. "at least with the other one she was full breed." I narrowed my eyes on her, Roman looked at me with sorrow in his eyes. I shook my head and walked into the kitchen. if I hadn't I probably would have done something. I opened the fridge grabbing some juice out and pouring a cup, Roman walked in behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "she's gone, I gotta get going. call me if anything happens." I smiled at him and nodded. 

he placed a gentle kiss on my lips before leaving the house. I sighed and pulled on a sweater and walked outside jumping into Romans other car he bought just for me, honestly, he was spoiling the shit out of me. I drove downtown and parked at the cafe, I hadn't seen destiny in a while so I decided to stop by. I walked in being greeted by her cheerful smile. "there's the momma to be!!" I looked at her surprised. "Peter told me." I smiled as she made her way around the corner and hugging me. 

"You just let me know if you need anything hun. your basically family." I smiled at her, "I do need to talk to you about something." I sat at the table closest to us, "whats up?" I asked placing my hands on my belly. "do you know what you are?" I shook my head, "I know I'm a were. thats about it." she nodded her head and looked down. "well I think you're an apex. one of the strongest wolfs there is." I nodded my head, "couldn't be possible. both mom and dad were wolfs." the front door dinged and the scent of mechanic oil and herbs hit my nose, Peter. 

I smiled as I felt his hand touch my shoulder, "what are my two favorite girls discussing?" I laughed as he took a seat and placed it between us. "I just told her about her being a possible apex." Peter nodded looking at me, "I can sense her power, I believe it." I thought for a second, I've never met another wolf as big as me. I looked down at my watch seeing the time, "shit I gotta be at the doctors in 10 mins." I began standing up when Peter joined me, "do you think I could tag along?" I smiled and nodded my head.

"Seeing as how Roman had paperwork to do I don't see why not." I gave destiny a quick hug before exiting. we walked down the street as the doctors came into view.

~~~

"nadeline kently. youre up." I stood up with Peter in tow. we entered the doctor's room, "ah Peter, nice to see you again." the doctor said, his eyes fell on me. "and whos this? another girl you've impregnated?" I chuckled along with Peter, "this one's on Roman." the doctor laughed, "isn't it always roman?" the doctor and Peter laughed together, "alright young lady, shall we?" I sat on the chair and watched as he turned the monitor on.

"this will be a bit cold at first." he squeezed the cold gel on me. he began rolling something across my stomach as a picture popped on the screen. "here we go." he flipped the monitor around, "its a bit small so we can't tell what the gender is yet. ill take a few pictures and then you can be on your way." I smiled and nodded as I saw how tiny it was. after wiping the liquid off me I buttoned my pants back up.

~~~

I walked through the front door, "Roman?" suddenly his shirtless body appeared out of the bedroom. I held the pictures up as he smiled, Peter walked in a few moments after me catching Romans eyes. "what're you doing here?" Roman asked looking at Peter, "I went with nadeline to the doctors." roman diverted his attention back to the pictures.

"Do we know what it is yet?" I shook my head. "in a few weeks he says we might be able to. a knock at the door halted me and Romans conversation. "hold on." I heard the door open as a familiar scent hit my nose, it smelt of fresh water and pine trees. there was only one person who smelt like that. I took off running to the door seeing his body standing in the door. I leaped into his arms and began crying.

"nadeline, whos this?" I let loose of him and turned around to Roman and Peter. "Roman, Peter, id like you to meet the other kently. benjamin kently. my eldest brother." I pulled him back into a hug. "I've missed you so much," I said into his chest. "I've missed you too little sister." his arms wrapped around me tightly. "be careful. I have precious cargo." I said pulling back and placing my hands on my stomach.

he looked past me and eyes Roman and Peter. "which one." he asked, "Roman." he stepped forward putting his hand on my back. ben stepped closer to him, even though Roman towered over him. "you take care of my sister or ill make sure you never taste a drop of blood, upir." Romans' hands flew up in surrender. "wouldn't think of it." I lead ben over to the couch and sat, his eyes darting over the room. "Wheres mom?" you could feel the tension hit the air as soon as he asked. 

my smile turned into a frown, I grabbed his hand and sighed. "she passed away in her sleep a few weeks back." I looked down, tears silently falling from my face. ben grabbed my face wiping them away and kissing my forehead. "I'm sorry nadeline. im sorry for leaving you alone dealing with mother. I should have stayed." he leaned his forehead against mine and we set in silence for a while. we sat on the couch for a good 4 hours just talking about where hed been and what he was doing for work. aparently he started his own pack. 

around 12 i decided to call it a night and head to romans bedroom, it just felt so right sleeping next to him. i crawled under the blankets and snuggled against his chest falling into a deep sleep. 

"nadeline... nadeline..." a soft voice began speaking to me. "nadeline, open your eyes." as if on command my eyes shot open seeing letha standing there. blood covered the bottom half of her, I stared at her in horror. "they're coming after you nadeline." with her ending that sentence she vanished in the darkness. I heard a low raspy chuckle, it sent chills down my spine, not the good kinds either. "im coming for you." I turned around seeing no one. 

~~~