TWENTY-THREE

I stuffed the last shirt into the bag and paused. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I zipped Stacy's backpack up. I strapped it over my shoulder and took a deep breath. He had said I had to pack only essentials because I didn't have much time. I glanced at myself in the mirror, my eyes looked red and puffed from all the crying I had done over the past hour. I was losing him again. This time, maybe for good.

I walked slowly out of my room, shutting the door behind me. As I walked towards the living room, I heard Wade's voice. It sounded like he was on the phone.

"I want it done tonight", he said angrily, "track those bastards down and chase them out of this city. I'm not risking her safety anymore"

My gaze shifted to the corpse lying next to the kitchen door. The man's skin was now pale and the blood which oozed from his head earlier had dried up on the floor.

He was pacing around the room frantically and then he noticed me. He paused and the frown on his face disappeared.

"I'll call you soon", he said into the phone before slipping it into his pocket.

He looked stressed

"You're done?", he asked and I nodded, "good", he said.

"Where are you going to stay?", I asked.

"With the rest of my men. We have a house in the city.", he said as he moved towards his new backpack and zipped it shut.

He strapped it over his shoulder and stared at me as he loaded his gun and placed it out of sight, in his joggers.

"So that's it?", I asked, "you're leaving..."

Again.

His face softened, "I'm so sorry Bella", he said, "I thought I could keep you away from all of this but I can't", he said, "that am", he pointed at the body on the floor, "the people who sent him are going to be expecting feedback and when they don't get it, they're going to come here", his jaw clenched, "you can't be here when they do"

I felt tears stream down my cheeks. Wade walked towards me. He placed his hand on my cheek and wiped the tears off with his tongue. His palm was cold and soothing.

"I'm so sorry Princess but I need to leave"

He pulled me in for a hug and I cried as I inhaled his cologne, "I love you", I heard him say as he tightened his arms around me, "I love you so much"

There was a knock on the door and Wade released me almost immediately. He took out his gun and walked past the rival's body. He opened the door slowly at first and then fully. Two men walked in, dressed in gym clothes and carrying matching gym bags.

"Good to see you again sir", one of them said. He had pitch black hair and brown eyes with a chiseled face.

"That's him", Wade said pointing at the body still lying on the floor.

"Rival?", the other man asked, he was blonde with blue eyes like Stacy's.

"Yeah", Wade sighed.

He turned and stared at me, "Bella, these are Ace", he said pointing at the brown eyed man, "and Felix", he added pointing at the blonde man, "and I believe you gentlemen already know Bella", he said to them.

"Of course,", they said in unison.

I glanced at Wade in a questioning manner.

He forced a smile at me, "oh, they both watch you most of the time"

"oh", I managed to say, "anybody else?", I asked pursing my lips.

"Well, you haven't gotten the chance to officially meet the last one"