FOUR

I spent Sunday cleaning my room and bathroom like I promised myself I would. As much as I loved the weekends and having free time of sanity before I had to go back to work for Leotti, I had to admit I didn't have a lot of options when I came to spending all that free time so when I was done cleaning, I showed Stacy the picture and we reminisced about our high school days- while skipping certain parts that were not to be spoken of.

On Monday morning, as I walked out of the elevator, I sighed to myself. Megan popped her head up from the desk and smiled, waving cheerily. I waved back at her and made my way towards my desk outside Frank's office. When I looked to my right, Daniel's grim gaze was fixed on me and then a small smile formed on his lips. He gave me a small nod and looked back at his computer.

I behind my desk and placed two fingers on my forehead.

"Good morning Bella", I heard Megan say as she walked up to me dropping a can of coke in front of me, "you look like you need a sugar boost"

"Thanks", I forced a grateful smile at her and opened the can to take a sip. The drink was cold and refreshing, calming my nerves almost immediately.

"You have a ton of work to do today", she said, staring at my desk. I followed her gaze to a pile of paper set at the edge of the desk and sighed deeply.

"I hadn't even noticed those"

She chuckled, "Sorry Bella, I have to go now, talk to you later!", she walked away.

"Yeah bye", I muttered.

I took my phone out of my bag and turned it on. There was a text from Noah.

"Dinner tonight?"

I smiled to myself as I clicked on it to reply while sipping the can of coke.

"Sure, I'll text you when I'm done with work"

I placed the phone on the desk and stared sadly at the pile of paperwork, biting my lip.

It was 8:30pm when I remembered to check the time on my computer. I had just finished all the paperwork and Frank had been too busy with meetings all day to yell in my ear every five seconds. I noticed the floor was empty, I was so engrossed in the work I stayed back to finish that I didn't realize when everybody left. I was sure there would be people on the other floors' downstairs. After shutting down the computer, I packed my things into the bag and stood.

While walking towards the elevator, I texted Noah; "I just got done. I'll be over in half an hour"

"Hey Bella", a voice said. I looked behind me. Daniel stood, staring at me intently, almost the same look he had on Friday.

"You're still here?", I asked, "I thought everyone was gone"

"I was waiting for you beautiful", he said in a cold tone.

I moved backwards slowly as Daniel walked towards me.

"Are you scared?", he asked, his voice making me shiver.

"Should I be?"

"Yes"

I felt Daniel grab my wrist quickly and pull me towards him causing my phone to fall out of my hand.

"Let me go!", I yelled out loud, struggling with him, "what are you doing?"

"Stop struggling!", he said angrily as he grabbed me by the waist, "You should have just said yes Bella", he added, "I would have made you a happy woman. Now, look what you made me do"

"Leave me alone, you sick bastard", I scratched his face with my nails, managing to distract him.

He let go off me and red marks on his face. He stared at his fingers and then glared at me, "you're going to pay for that", he said spitefully.

"You're a psychopath Danny", I said as I bent down to pick up my phone, "you're not going to get away with this"

He laughed, "won't be the first time I heard that", he said.

I struggled to unlock my phone and call someone while walking faster towards the elevator. The heel under my shoe broke, slowing down my movement, I dragged myself along until I got to the elevator and hit the button repeatedly. It was taking too long to come up.

"Come on!", I yelled furiously.

I looked behind me and felt a sharp sting hit me across my face. I fell to the ground, watching my phone slide across the room. Danny towered over me, looking down with a sick look in his eyes. The marks on his face caused by my nails only made him look more menacing. The elevator opened and after a few seconds, it closed again.

"You're so fucking beautiful when you're scared", Danny said.

The tone in his voice shot shivers down my spine and made my muscles tense. I moved across the tiled floor quickly. Danny didn't bother to chase me, he watched me with sick amusement on his face. He knew I was trapped and it would be impossible to leave. My cheek stung and I could feel tears welling up in my eyes as I crawled towards one of the desks. I fought back the tears and bit my bottom lip, I had to stay strong. I hid behind a desk, shivering in fear and silently praying for someone to come up.

"Don't try to resist Bella", I heard him say loudly, "there's nobody here", he added, "might as well enjoy it while it lasts"

I took of my shoes and stood, managing to scurry towards another desk, "there are security cameras here Danny, stop now before you get into trouble", I said, exasperated.

Daniel laughed as he walked towards me. The stress from the day was getting to me and I began to feel dizzy, I had to get out of the office, or at least find a way to contact someone. I stared at my phone lying on the floor not too far away from me and then back at Daniel, he seemed to read my mind as he ran towards it at the same time I did, grabbing it before me and waving it in the air.

"You want to get help Bella?", he said softly as he threw the phone aggressively and I watched it hit the wall and break. I whimpered, tears streaming down my cheeks, "now you can't get help and when I'm done with you, I'll break into that surveillance room and delete everything", he added, "like I said, it won't be the first time"

I shivered at his words, had he done something like this at work before?

He was across the room from me now, walking towards me, "I just want to make you feel good Bella", he said as he moved closer, "stop trying to resist me".

I walked backwards until I hit a wall. As Daniel got close, I shut my eyes, whimpering and sobbing. Fear ran through my veins at the thought of what would happen if he got his way, how I would face Stacy, my mom and Noah.

There was a faint sound of breaking glass and a groan escaped Daniel's lips followed by a loud thud. I didn't open my eyes until I realized I wasn't feeling his hands on me and when I did, I saw him lying on the floor in front of me, blood oozing from his head and spreading across the tiles.

I gasped and ran away from his bleeding body quickly, "Help!", I yelled running towards the elevator. There was a loud ding! And it opened. Megan walked in, her gaze fell on Daniel's body first and her eyes opened wide.

She caught me. Her hands clenched on my shoulders, "Bella", she shook me, "what happened?", she asked in a frightened tone.

"I-I don't k-know", I stammered, I could feel my body shiver as I sobbed. I was so scared. I had thought, for sure, there was no way I could have been saved but there Daniel lay, on the cold tiles, his body lifeless.

Megan pulled me in for a hug, "It's going to be fine", she said softly into my ear, "just calm down Bella"