Chapter3: Revenge and Jealousy

Ankhseram's POV (the god that cursed Zeref)
Ever since the day I placed the curse on Zeref I've kept tabs on him. Watching him through a lacrima as he regrets his whole life. Then as the image shows a woman who turns out the curse doesn't work on her I'm filled with rage. "How is this possible?! The curse is supposed to kill everything it touches! So why isn't she dead?!" I rage slamming my fist on the table almost breaking the lacrima. "That's it if the curse doesn't work I'll have to find a different way to dispose of her!"

This wasn't the only pair of eyes watching Zeref and Lucy.

Natsu's POV
Me and Happy gave up on trying to fly to the top of the dang tree. We decided to just wander around until I picked up the familiar smell of vanilla and strawberry. I followed my nose with Happy following close behind but when I found her. She was with another figure but it wasn't Cana. I watched as she laughed like she was having the time of her life. I didn't know who the figure was because his back was turned towards us but he had a weird smell. "Who is that with her?" I ask out loud talking to Happy in a quiet voice but you could hear the slight anger in it. "I don't know but I don't think he's in our guild." Happy responds in a worried voice. Natsu decides to watch them a little longer to determine their relationship.

Zeref's POV
An idea popped in my head to get Lucy back for her little joke earlier. With a grin on my face I took a step towards her she looked up at me in surprise. "Zeref what are planning?" I heard her ask but I didn't respond. I watched as she turned away ready to run but I grabbed her waist to prevent an escape. Pulling her closer I whispered in her ear in a husky voice on purpose. "Lucy I think it's time to get a taste of your medicine. This is payback for earlier." I watched as she looked at me from the corner of her eye with a light blush dusting her cheeks. Realizing how I clearly didn't think this plan through I cover it up by quickly tickling her. However I was surprised by myself at how right it felt to hold her like that in my arms. "Wait where are you going with this?! No you don't deserve her!" I mentally yell at myself but on the out side I grin at the beautiful look on Lucy's face as she laughs. "Stop it Zeref!" I once again mentally scream at myself but at the same time surprised because Lucy yelled the same thing as she laughed.

Lucy's POV
I know he only did it to get me back for earlier but I still couldn't help but blush. Then in one swift movement the moment is gone. I burst out laughing as Zeref starts tickling me in between laughs I speak up "Was this.... your plan.... all along.... Zeref!" I slowly get the sentence out but I still wondered was what happened earlier really an act? Even if it was why was I so affected by it? "Yep." He responded with a cute grin on his face. "Wait cute!" I mentally face palm myself. Then that's when I hear a new voice tell towards us.

Natsu's POV
"That's it I can't stand it anymore!" I think to myself before I jumped out of the bushes and yell "Lucy! What are you doing?!" I see the two figures quickly separate from each other as they look my way. "Uh... Hey Natsu when did you get here?" Lucy nervously asks while scratching the back of her head. "I followed your scent and saw you hanging out with this strange person. Now mind telling me who he is?" I respond with an annoyed voice while pointing at the man beside her. "Oh... This is...." I start to really get angry seeing Lucy's hesitation in telling me.

Zeref's POV
When I heard Natsu's voice I quickly changed my appearance as I separated myself from Lucy. Though I don't think she noticed that I did. Now I have sort of midnight blue hair and instead of black eyes or red (when he's angry) their an in between of a light but dark blue color. Also instead of my usual black and white robes now I have a gray t-shirt on with black pants and shoes. Still I'm surprised on the inside to see my little brother all of a sudden even if he doesn't know it. Now that I think about Lucy only knows that I have a brother I don't think she knows it's Natsu though or that he's E.N.D. I should probably introduce myself with a new name before Natsu gets any angrier and tell Lucy that it's me.

Lucy's POV
I look towards Zeref for help only to see a completely new person. He takes a step forward and speaks to Natsu "I'm Zander. A childhood friend of Lucy's." "He sounds like Zeref but what happened with his appearance?" I think to myself then hear a voice interrupt my thoughts. "Lucy it's me Zeref I'm using telepathy to contact you to make sure Natsu can't use his dragon hearing. I changed my appearance and name to make sure no one recognizes who I am." "Got it I'll go along with it." I respond before he cuts off our telepathy.

Natsu's POV
"Lucy has a childhood friend that she never told me about? Why?!" I think to myself as a rush of anger flows through me. "Why would he show himself now of all times?! Is he going to take Lucy away from me?" Numerous questions form in my head as my fists light up covered in flames. This time I voice my thoughts out loud towards the two "If he's your so called "friend" why wasn't he there when you were all alone?" I ask shaking in anger.

Lucy's POV
Hearing Natsu ask this and seeing the way he's acting I quickly speak up to defend Zeref/Zander. "Natsu you don't understand! He wanted to be there but my mom warned us that something terrible was going to happen! So he had no choice but to leave and to suppress the pain my mother locked our memories of each other away right before she died!" I scream out hoping Natsu wouldn't go on a rampage and understand. I also end up shedding a few tears remembering the awful day that happened.

Zeref/Zander's POV
I watch with a look of concern and worry as I watch Lucy break down as she defended me so Natsu wouldn't blow up. I decide to comfort her so I wrap my arms around her in a hug. She hugged me back and after a moment wipes any remaining tears away and backs away.

Natsu's POV
"Natsu you made her cry from your over reaction." Happy finally speaks up saying that in worried voice. "I know Happy I don't know what I was thinking." I look down regretting my actions only to look up again a moment later so I can apologize. "Sorry Luce I didn't mean to turn this into a sensitive topic." "It's ok you didn't know heck I didn't know myself until I saw Zander and the spell broke." She responded in a quivering voice while looking down.

Ankhseram's POV
I watched through the lacrima as Zeref's own little brother that he also turned into the demon E.N.D interacted with Zeref and the young blonde. "Hm... It seems that the young dragon slayer might have feelings for the young blonde maybe I can use this to my advantage." I let an evil grin appear on my face as a plan starts to form in my head.