Chapter 13: I am not a child

:D

*********************

It was dark outside. The resistance HQ was very quiet, since almost everyone was asleep. But if we payed attention, it became be possible to hear small sobs, coming from the room of a pink haired magician.

Her heart still ached, just by thinking about Solomon's words. To him, she was just a brat who gets in the way of him and Arba. At first, she thought that (Y/N) was the closest to him, but in fact, she was also a child in his eyes. Winning Solomon's love against (Y/N) already seemed impossible, but now it was against Arba, and it was even more impossible.

"Sheba, are you awake?"

A voice was heard outside her room. It was Arba's voice.

"I'm sleeping..."

"So you're awake! I'm coming in!"

Opening the door without waiting for an answer, the black-haired magician entered the young girl's room.

"Why did you come in?"

And the said girl was quite angry and still depressed. She quickly wiped away her tears, looking at Arba that sat on a chair near her bed, looking at her with a very serious expression.

"Hey Sheba... Become Solomon's wife."

The cold night air made soft (h/c) locks fly in wind.

(Y/N) was sitting on a patch of grass, quite far away from everything, enough to not be bothered by the lights of the city.

Stars were shining bright that night, but it seemed they weren't bright enough to warm up her heart. Even after five years, Solomon wasn't taking her seriously.

Why? Is it that wrong to want to make people happy? To smile at people in hope they will smile you back? All she wanted was to be acknowledge, to be loved. But it seemed the world decided otherwise.

"(Y/N)?"

Her gaze left the night sky to land on Solomon's worried expression. It was probably passed midnight so why was she still outside?

"You'll catch a cold if you stay outside that late."

"Yes, mom."

"I'm not joking."

"And I'll appreciate that you'll stop treating me like a child."

"I'll stop treating you like a child when you'll finally act like an adult."

"I don't need you to watch over me."

(Y/N) looked back at the sky, ignoring her blue haired friend. The said man sighed before sitting at her side, handing her a blanket.

"Take this."

Without a word, and adverting her eyes from Solomon, the (h/c) haired girl wrapped herself inside the warm blanket.

"...Are you mad at me for what I said earlier?"

"No."

"Then why aren't you looking at me?"

"I don't want to see your boring face."

"It's just that it's completely unreasonable! Drawing on walls? And where did you fetch such an idea?"

"Why do you care? It's just some colours on a wall! Who wouldn't want to see some life for once?"

The magician jumped a little by hearing the girl raise her voice. It was the first time she really seemed angry at him.