Chapter 6: The faded one

Exams are OVER. Happiness, joy, glee ()

And I realised how much I suck for writing fighting scenes.

**************************************************

"Yes, we are all people who lent their power to those towers and survived... We are all great sinners!"

A third eye opened on their forehead. Holding onto their staves, the team was ready.

.

Inside of a massive flying engine, was a man. He smirked deviously, looking at his enemies.

"So you are here... The blasphemous who don't fear God... The ones who fell from dive grace... The avatars of the divine staves!!"

"Sir, we are in trouble!!"

Another magician came running towards his commander, the same man who was focused on the avatars. Hearing his subordinate, he turned his head, looking at him

"What is it?"

Catching his breath, the minion looked straight to the eyes of his leader. He was pale.

"T-The one who makes magic fade away..."

The colours left the commander's face. If it was true, they won't be able to win this battle. Defeating all the avatars would be rather difficult. They didn't need that.

"To all the units! Make the beasts target the faded one! Kill them!"

.

With a simple move, Wahid summoned a huge water typhon, blowing up the engine. He was followed close by Ithnan, who made lightning struck down a few more. Manipulating the wind, Falan made them crash on the floor. It wasn't the end of their troubles, with Setta creating a massive water dragon, drowning his foes. On top of that was Arba, with a light spear, piercing through the ships.

Nothing was left standing, only pure destruction. The whole army was completely surpassed. Rubbing his chin, the enemy's commander was deep in thoughts. Indeed, the avatars were strong. Being able to receive the power of Ill Ilah directly without the towers as an intermediary grant them so much strength. But, it was dangerous. No matter who they were, they won't be able to keep going like this. When their power would vanish, victpry would be his.

"Bring it on!"

Solomon gave a confident smile, dodging the manticore's attacks without any troubles. The mind-controlled creatures were focused on them, forgetting about their main mission. With the mind controlling magic, they were slow, way too slow. And it was due to the fact that they were resisting. They were fighting the magic.

As a threatening, the orthodox members aimed a magic ice weapon at one of the manticores, a familiar young one to be precise. If fear took over the spirit of the manticores, they would be able to control them without trouble.

When Sheba noticed it, she flew as fast as she could, rescuing her friend. Summoning a borg, she managed to block the attack, hurting herself, blood covering her white dress, tears streaming down her face.

"Please! I beg you... Save Momo!!"

Another attack was launched towards her. She closed her eyes, knowing that it might be the end.

But the pain never came.

Slowly opening her eyes, she met a flash of (h/c) locks. Standing in front of her, was a woman she knew quite well now.