Chapter 17: Undying dream

MIAOU

*******************************

"Lord Solomon! Sentence these to death, we beg you!"

"That's right, give them a more fierce punishment, please!"

Ignoring the loud claims of the crowd, the leading group of the resistance pursued their track.

With each passing day, conflicts were appearing in every isolation barrier. The situation was out of control, and no matter what they were all trying to do to prevent all of this from happening, it was completely pointless.

"We need a strong leader for such a great assembly of people! Yes, just like Elder David in the past-"

When Solomon faced then again, his expression was an approximation of what hell was looking like. The magician that was talking immediately shut up, bowing his head and avoiding his leader's death glare.

"W-We need an absolute king. King Solomon, please..."

The blue haired magician was left quite desperate in front of such a situation. They were worried for what would happen next. And worst of all, (Y/N) was not here to light up the mood. Since they had to fly in order to reach their current location, taking (Y/N) with them was quite impossible. And it was easy to notice that without her, Solomon was losing his cool temper more easily.

"Don't call me king. We aspire to be an equal community that does not accept kings. Did you forget that?"

One of the magicians raised his head from the ground. Solomon pursued his speech, with the same cold expression.

"In the same way, I do not desire that you prostrate yourselves with your forehead touching the earth in front of me."

"But Lord Solomon... There is no other way to stop these conflicts than putting someone on the top of the ruling system! Are you sure an equal world can be truly achieved?"

But the blue haired magician stopped listening. He already started to leave. All of this wasn't making him happy. And he was even starting to doubt his biggest dream.

.

.

"Basically, that's what happened."

Solomon was laying down on the grass, looking at the sky with his head resting on a (h/c) haired girl's lap. He got into the habit of telling her about his day, seeking for some weird advices or just a joke to light up the mood.

"Well that's pretty fucked up."

"Yeah."

"What do you plan on doing now?"

"I was hoping I could borrow your weird brain for that."

Stroking the magician's hair, (Y/N) looked back at the clouds. All of this wasn't good. If things were continuing that way, Solomon might never be able to see his dream come true. And it was something (Y/N) won't let happen.

"Why don't we create autonomous communities?"

He looked back at her, encountering a serious expression that was quite rare on her face. She was extremely hot like this, but he would never admit it.

"Maybe we should let the other species have their own community and make an assembly were the leaders of the different species and the magicians would stand and talk things through when troubles are on the way. That way we could make them stop fearing each other."

"...It could work. No, in fact, this is brilliant."

A smile full of hope creeped on Solomon's face. He knew deep inside that things weren't completely lost.

"Thank you (Y/N), you're awesome."

Getting up, the magician gave a soft kiss filled with love to the (h/c) haired girl, leaving her completely troubled, before running back towards the HQ.

"...You could at least wait for me, you stupid blue monkey!"

(Y/N) quickly got up, stumbling a little before finally getting on her feet properly and chase after him.

.

.

...She lost him. Solomon completely outran her. So now, (Y/N) was walking around the halls, making a mental note to remind her that she'll have to make the blue haired man suffocate under a pillow.

The magician was nowhere to be found. Since he was running around everywhere, finding him would be a miracle.

And it seems that miracles happen sometimes. While looking around, the (h/c) haired girl spotted Ugo's lab door open, and voices coming out from the room. Thinking about it, (Y/N) realised that this place was an obvious choice for the resistance leader.

Like a ninja, she made her way to the door and slipped inside the lab.

Ugo and Solomon were having a lively chat. And it seemed things didn't go well, because Solomon was just acting like everything was fine. He was unhappy deep inside, and it was obvious for the engineer and (Y/N), that was hiding behind a shelf.

"Solomon... I understand how you feel. This is really sad...And above all else, the other species are licking the magicians' spittle."

Ugo had a sadden expression. When Solomon came back running at the HQ, it was like the world had suddenly brighten. All of his friends would have wanted him to stay this happy, but... All the other species rejected that proposal. There wasn't a single one that agreed. And why wouldn't they want to be able to make their own decisions? It was like they didn't want to be on equal terms with magicians.

The light blue haired man suddenly stopped talking, noticing the depressed expression on his friend's face. Ugo was always the one who say the sad stuff, even when people needed some cheering.

"Stop being this negative Ugo."

(Y/N) came out of her hiding place, surprising the two of them.

"The people that we used to believe in are slowly becoming blinded by greed. But even so, we can still do something."

Getting closer to Solomon, (Y/N) grabbed his head and smashed her lips on his. Ugo quickly hidden his eyes. Then, the (h/c) haired girl pulled back soon after and stared at the flustered and confuse expression of the magician she just kissed.

"Now dare tell me you're not going to fight for what you believe is right."

************************

DAMN we are almost at the 2.5K reads (⌐■_■)

This is freaking awesome! THANK YOU FOR LIKING THIS I LOVE YOU ALL