Chapter 34: Don't let them change you

Start from the beginning

Anabiya kept her mouth shut because she knew she would either cry or smash Sanaya's head. There was nothing in between. But she surely wasn't in favour of creating a scene at her friend's engagement party and steal the thunder.

Anabiya was so busy in avoiding Sanaya and her antics that she failed to noticed the instant reflex of Arhaan to save her when she was about to trip and also the hurtful and fury raged eyes when Omar held her.

Soon, people started to gather and everyone was now enjoying and the party was going on in full swing.

Nabeeha arrived with the Saeed Family and her soon to be in laws. Humaid arrived after a minute with Afia and her family.

Anabiya was even convinced that maybe the Nikah will happen today itself only judging by the number of people and the arrangements.

Sanaya, however wasn't concentrating on Ruhina nor the party. All she was focused on was getting on Anabiya's nerves.

And well, let's just say maybe she succeeded when she said the words, "You don't even deserve to be here. Look at the people present here and look at you. No one would even notice if you'll just leave. Oh by the way did I tell you how many proposals I got tonight?"

Anabiya took a sip of her drink and gave a small smirk.

"Congratulations. I feel sorry about those guys who just see the makeup laden face. You're lucky that they can't see your ugly personality!"

And with those words, Anabiya more of hurted herself than Sanaya because let's face it, Anabiya wasn't that type of a person who would use her words to hurt someone intentionally. And her bestfriend or let's say her 'ex bestfriend' was way off limits to get tasted by those words.

So without any further damage to herself or Sanaya, Anabiya straight away walked out of the hall and towards the parking lot, only to realise she haven't brought her car and going inside and asking her dad for his car keys won't help.

She was in no mood to go inside and again cross paths with Sanaya and break her mental peace.

Anabiya quickly took a local cab and asked the driver to drive her to the only place where she knew she'll find her peace and a calm from her chaos.

.........................

"Where is she?", Ruhina questioned for like fifth time and all she received was a negative answer.

"Call her. Anybody call Anabiya!", Afia suggested and Nabeeha pitched in.

"Her phone's with me."

Now the girls present in the room were worried and they couldn't just inform the elders as they knew they'll make a big deal out of it.

"How much attention does she need?", Sanaya commented and everyone looked at her with astonishment and anger.

"She never craves for attention.... unlike some people.", Afia commented as Sanaya made a face.

Yeah, Afia was quick enough to detect Sanaya's true colours. And let's just say, she disliked Sanaya. Alot.

The girls were still figuring out a way to find Anabiya, just then Nabeeha got a call from Arhaan.

"Nabeeha? Yeah, the engagement ceremony is about to take place. Where are you girls? And yeah Humaid and Ali are going crazy without seeing you and Afia. Also our lover boy Zuhair can't wait to be an engaged man. So yeah, be here, quick.", Arhaan said over the phone, though whatever he said was true but he obviously didn't state the fact that he wanted to see Anabiya too and it was kind of making him uncomfortable with not having her in front of his eyes or even around him.