Chapter 34: Don't let them change you

Comincia dall'inizio

"I need to go. Work calls.", she announced and then quickly gave a hug to Ruhina and almost ran out of the room.

"I lost myself.... a part of me when I lost my bestfriend....."

................

Days and time run quick enough, we all know, but the past two days seemed like seconds to Anabiya. The shopping and the hustle of the engagement arrangements kept Anabiya on her toes.

And finally the evening had arrived where her friend was going to get engaged.

Anabiya quickly finished her makeup and hair and got dressed in her beautiful long dress. She loosely wrapped her hijab and quickly rushed towards Ruhina's house.

"MashaAllah MashaAllah! Zuhair is going to be flattered! Poor guy! I'm sure he'll insist for the nikah tonight itself!", Anabiya commented as she entered Ruhina's room while Ruhina was a blushing mess.

"Stop....", Ruhina shyly protested though she was clearly ignored as Anabiya teased her continuously.

And within a minute or two, Sanaya came too and well let's just say, it was the very first time when Anabiya and Sanaya didn't talk.

Soon everyone was ready to go the main venue where the ceremony was about to take place and as decided, Ruhina was with her parents and her two bestfriends.

"Oh I must settle there. Some people need 'space' you know!", Sanaya bitterly taunted and Anabiya rolled her eyes.

"Really? I thought you could do better. Nevermind, not all are blessed with a good sense of humour and sarcasm.", Anabiya said and Ruhina giggled at the savage come back.

"People with a not so pretty face take the support of humour and sarcasm. My looks are enough for me to speak.", And here came the mean remark from Sanaya's side and Anabiya was really shattered. Before she could reply, Ruhina's mother arrived and Anabiya decided to keep it shut for now.

After twenty minutes, with thick air of tension between Anabiya and Sanaya, they all finally reached the hall.

Ruhina held Anabiya's hand, clearly nervous and Anabiya squeezed it, reassuringly.

"Ruhina you're getting engaged, not married. You're still mine.", Anabiya whispered which made Ruhina chuckle.

Anabiya laughed too and maybe it was the ambience or her temporary happiness or the affect of someone's gaze that made her glow.

Arhaan.....

Oh how was the young man supposed to stop his heart loving this young woman in front of her?

He smiled as soon as he saw Anabiya getting out of the car and then laughing without caring about the people around her.

He then noticed how beautiful she looked in the dark green gown adorned with golden stones.

The theme of the engagement party was pure desi and thus everyone was dressed as if in a desi fairytale.

Anabiya was still busy calming down Ruhina's nerves when her phone started to ring and as she looked at it, she felt a light push and she tripped, only to be held by her soon to be fiancè.

"Thankyou, Omar.", she quickly thanked him as she saw Sanaya who held a look of disappointment which then turned into a smirk.

"Really? She can stoop so low? She legit pushed you so that you can fall and embarrass yourself?", Ruhina angrily whispered as they continued walking inside.