- Trigger warnings and author's notes -

Hey guys,

I can't believe I'm getting to this so late in the game and I am terribly sorry if I've inconvinienced any of you by forgetting to put in this trigger warning before. It wasn't done on purpose. I am genuinely sorry. 

I'd like to start this off by informing you guys that the following story discusses heavy topics such as self-harm, depression, mental disorders and low ideals of self worth. It also contains a fair bit of mental and physical abuse and bloodshed. All of these things can be considered offensive to some, and more importantly, could act as triggers to anyone suffering from depression or the like. 

Okay, so listen up carefully....

If these topics offend you, thank you for stopping by, but please leave right now. This is a book about children in a mental asylum, and it will contain a bunch of these offensive topics constantly, even if they're not heavily detailed. I completey understand that some people just might find this sort of thing in bad taste. I chose to write these characters and these topics, to give them a voice. And you can choose to not read about them. Totally cool. No harm done here. Have a nice day. I'm sorry I wasted your time.

If even one of these topics that I've mentioned above could act as triggers, please, I beg of you, turn away NOW. Right this instant. Shoo, honey. Go. I'd rather see you guys safe and happy rather than raise my read counter a notch. Alright?  So just take your leave now. Talk to people. Do things that make you happy. Love yourselves and appreciate the wonderfulness you bring to this world. You're awesome, people care and, as cliche as this may sound, things really do get better. Thank you so, so much for checking this story out, but please, don't let my book give you an itch. I have others if you're really interested, but no, look out for yourselves. 

For those of you who don't have a problem with any of this stuff, thank you for checking out my book! I'll have to ask you to pretty please bear with my ramblings a little longer. It'll be done soon, I promise.

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, incidents, blah, blah, blah, are all products of my imagination or used fictiously. (There's probably no such place called Abercoster's Institute. Maybe in an alternate universe, I guess). Any resemblance to actual people, living or dead, events or locales is purely coincidental. I swear. None of this was based on anything real. 

I put a lot of work into these books so please, do not reproduce this in ANY way without my permission. Fanfic's cool, if that's your thing, but please, ask first. The characters, concepts and plot lines belong to me, and it would be totally uncool if you just took the things from my imagination and said they were your own, wouldn't it? Plagarism is not a victimless crime, you guys. 

Also, the image in the cover isn't mine. I edited it and stuff, but yeah. Not mine. I do not own it. I wish I remember where I got it from so I could properly credit the owner, but I don't. If you know, please tell me so that I may rectify this pronto.

Aaaand, I'm done. Thanks for bearing with me, you may proceed now. Happy reading! 

Stay smiling,

Gabrielle.