Wedding Day

Today was the day! I was getting married to Fili. I was putting on my white wedding dress which was a simple dress with long sleeves. My hair was curled and was decorated with little flowers. I put charcoal on my eyelashes to make them pop out more and I covered my face with arsenic powder to look pale. When I looked in the mirror I was amazed at how well I looked. Ever Since I had died I had never felt pretty and in fact, stopped looking in a mirror because I hated the way I looked. Today I felt beautiful, and I would hope Fili felt the same way.

"Are you ready," Dis asked from outside of my bedroom door. I put the mirror away into the dresser and walked to the bedroom door and pulled it open.

"How do I look," I asked her. She smiled and put her hands up to her face.

"Astonishing," she said as I turned around to show her. When I was done showing off Dis, put her hand on my shoulder.

"Fili is lucky to be marrying such a beautiful dwarf," Dis told me in loving words. I smiled and bowed my head to her.

"Thank you, it is an honor marrying your son," I said as I had my head lowered to her. I rose up and looked up at her. She had tears in her eyes.

"It is an honor to have you as a daughter and the future Queen of Erebor," she replied as she bowed her head to me.

"Well, shall we get this party started," I asked. She nodded her head, and she gestured for me to follow her. I followed after her.

We went outside where Fili's pony was waiting for me. The pony was decorated with strands of roses and a gold side-saddle was on it. I grabbed onto the saddle and hoisted myself up I was careful enough to not tear or stain my dress. I then swung my legs back over so I could ride on the saddle properly. Dis took the reins of the horse and led us down the road to my wedding.

As we entered the center of town there were lines of people waiting. Dis then was replaced by Kili who led Fili's horse down the lines of people. They all bowed their heads to me and some threw flower petals on the pathway before me. As future Queen Dis told me not to respond or bow my head to them. I was going to be a Princess and they should treat Princesses that way. As we reached the doors to the old stone church structure a small group of choir children began to sing an old song. I didn't pay much attention to the words, but I instead enjoyed the rhythm of the song which was humble and strong. Kili reached up to help me off the saddle. I accepted his hand and I dismounted the horse. Dis, who had been following behind us, came up to me and handed me the bouquet of red roses I requested. Kili then offered me his arm which I willingly accepted.

"Are you ready for this," Kili asked as we walked up to the church doors. The choir of children stopped singing, and the doors were pulled open from the inside.

"There's no turning back," I replied softly. The honored dwarves who attended today's ceremony all rose for me. I looked at Kili as I began to feel my heart pound in my chest. Kili gave me a reassuring smile and pulled me down the aisle. We slowly walked down the aisle and before I knew it I was standing face to face with Fili before everyone.

Fili wore his late father's red and gold tunic and coat. The colors brought out Fili's blue eyes and hair color. Fili's mustache was braided and finished with dwarvish beads. Half of his hair was tied back and some of it was braided. He cleaned up rather nicely.

"All kneel for the priest," a voice shouted. All, except Fili and I, kneeled for the priest. The doors opened again and in entered the priest who was wearing white robes. As he got to the middle of the room both Fili and I bowed to him. We both stood up straight when he finally got to the altar. We both faced him and he bowed his head to us.

"We all gather here today for a marriage. A marriage of a royal couple who shall be married in the honor of Mallah. Though they are not being married in their kingdom they shall be viewed as Princess and Prince of Erebor under Mallah," the priest began to go on and on. I was too focused on the fact I was getting married. I stared at my Fili as he stared at the priest.