Anger

So it happened. I missed my period. The wedding was in six weeks. Fili and I hadn't even slightly touched each other after that night which was two weeks ago. I had felt sick ever since, and some mornings I had to lay in bed until the sickness had passed. Fili demanded that I see Oin, but I refused because I thought it was the flu. I didn't think I would be bearing a child. A child that would probably be cast down by society since it was a bastard. I didn't even think it was possible that I could even get pregnant in this world. Here I was two weeks pregnant. I didn't know what to do. I almost felt the need to tell Fili, but something inside me told me not to. I was lost on what to do. I wanted to ask Kili what I should do, but that meant exposing the secret Fili, and I slept together before the wedding. Dis would be furious if she found out and our marriage would be looked down upon. I began to freak out as the thoughts bombarded my mind.

"Abel," a voice called me. I looked up from my bed where I was sitting. I saw Fili coming into my room. I smiled at him as if nothing was wrong.

"Abel, it's been a week since you have become ill. I think it's time you go see Oin," Fili suggested once again. I shook my head at him and smiled. If I went and saw Oin, he would probably know I was pregnant. If I told Fili, then he would stop telling me to see Oin. I had to make up a lie to get Fili off of my back.

"Fili, I'm perfectly fine, honest. In my world as winter weather begins to wear off everyone gets sick in the morning," I lied to him. It was a terrible lie, but he bought it.

"That's so peculiar that your human instincts followed you here," he replied. He began to rub his long mustache. I started to chuckle as I thought about braiding the long strands of hair.

"Come here and let me braid your mustache," I said as I patted the bed. He smiled and sat down where I told him to. I took one strand and began to braid it. When I was done, I examined the look. I liked it. I started to weave the second strand. I looked at them both and was pleased with the way they looked at him.

"There," I said. I smiled at him. He looked different, but a nice different.

"How do I look," he asked me. As he talked, his braids began to bounce around on his face I laughed and put my head into his chest.

"You look like an Asian man," I joked. I knew he wouldn't get it, but he never asked me about what I meant.

"Am I that silly looking," he asked. I lifted my head up and shook it.

"No, you look nice. I like the braided mustache," I answered. I touched the small braided mustache and twirled in between my fingers.

"Abel, I have been worried about your well being," he told me. I took my hand away and looked back up at him.

"Don't it's nothing bad," I replied. I got up from the bed and looked back at Fili.

"Fili, if we were to have children in Erebor, how many would you want," I asked him. His eyebrows shot straight up.

"I don't know. I wouldn't mind four, but if we are only able to have one I will be fine with that," he answered. I was relieved with his answer. All he wanted was four. Wait...four? Nope! Not going to have four children. I couldn't bear to stand the fact I was going to have one. And the delivery of the child?! I was going to be split into two.

"Of course I would love to have a strong boy and name him Ferrin after my late Uncle. I also want a little princess who will only be the finest of them all," he began to rumble. I smiled as he became so interested in the fact of having children. Little did he know that I was carrying his child. Deep in my heart, I prayed that the child I had within me was a little boy. I wanted Fili to have a proper heir.