Apology

The sun began to shine through the window. I opened my eyes and stared at the same boring wood wall I seemed to always wake up to. I rolled over in bed and looked at the closed door. I moved my hand down to my belly and rubbed it slightly as I remembered the events that happened last night. I sat up in bed, and to my surprise, I didn't feel nauseous for once. I sighed and got out of bed. I grabbed my red robe which laid on top of a trunk that held all of my dresses. I slid the silky red robe over my nightgown and braided my messy hair back. I slipped on some white wool socks to keep my feet from freezing. I looked out of the window to find that the sun was barely rising over the mountains. I sighed as I thought about making Fili and Kili their breakfast.

I opened up my bedroom door, and as I did, I found Fili sitting at the kitchen table waiting for me. He was dressed in his guard uniform and looked ready to leave at any given second. I disregarded his presence and continued with my usual routine; I started the coal burning stove and cut the bread from the fresh loaf I had made yesterday. I began to make the coffee by grinding up the coffee beans. I then moved to the old rabbit meat that was going to go wrong if I didn't use it. I put the chicken on top of the stove and let it cook.

"Are we not going to talk about it," his words filled the room. I didn't want to look at him. Instead, I kept my back turned.

"Are you going to apologize for the way you reacted," I asked him. I flipped the rabbit meat over as I paid no attention to Fili.

"How else did you want me to react to it? I have a bastard child," he answered. I grabbed the uncooked meat and quickly chucked it at him. The meat landed in his hair which for a second was funny. He caught the meat and flew it on the floor.

"A bastard child? Is that all you care about? You don't even care if it will be your heir or even the little princess you want? No, its always going to be a bastard child to you," I yelled at him. His eyes grew wide, and his mouth was agape.

"When it's born I shall leave it in the woods for the wolves to eat since you won't accept the fact that it is a child. Your blood but since it was made out of wedlock it should become a meal for the wolves," I continued. I then returned to my cooking and angrily threw more rabbit meat onto the stove.

"What are we going to do," Fili asked me in a calm voice. I rolled my eyes. This man had too much pride to apologize.

"We will feed it to the wolves," I answered. I heard him scoff at me. I turned the meat over and waited patiently. I looked over at the water bucket and the ground up coffee beans.

"Go get the water from the well if you want coffee," I told him. He got up and grabbed the bucket and left. I growled and began to curse at him and his stupidity. All men were stupid in every world!

I put a piece of bread on and toasted it a bit. When the bread and meat were done, I put it on a plate. Fili came back in with the bucket of water. I took a pot and poured some water in and then put it over the stove. I then splashed the coffee grounds into the bowl and began to stir slowly.

"Abel, I mean what are we going to do about the wedding," he clarified. I lightly shook my head at him. I turned around and looked at him.

"The wedding? If you don't apologize right now, there won't be a wedding! You shall be hanged for what you did," I threaten him. He looked calm as if the threat of death didn't scare him. He swallowed and looked up at me with his blue eyes.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted last night. It wasn't fair to you nor the baby," he acknowledged.

"And," I begged for more of an apology.

"I'm sorry for telling you those terrible nasty things," he finalized. I slightly rolled my eyes at him.

"Now that you have apologized to me, we need to talk about what to do next," I calmly told him. I continued to stir the pot of coffee. I was still pissed off at him for doing what he did, but you had to treat men like children sometimes. When they apologize for something, you have to like you are no longer mad because otherwise, they would regret that apology and most likely become more stubborn about apologizing.