Durin

I woke up with the slightest touch of Fili's fingers brushing against my cheek. I saw that he was asleep. I softly put my head on his chest careful not to wake him up. His arms wrapped around my shoulders. I became hesitant at his touch but slowly I eased into it. His arms were so muscular. I felt safe and protected. I closed my eyes. I wanted this moment to last forever.

It didn't. Kili came in looking for Fili and we were caught. Fili got up and my head got caught into the quick actions that caused me to sit up which caused me to let out a cry. I grabbed my inflamed wound. Fili ignored my cry and got out of bed. Kili stood there still amazed. I laid back into bed as I was trying not to cry from the pain.

"I was trying to comfort her," Fili tried explaining himself to Kili. I looked at Kili who looked concerned. This could ruin Fili's reputation. Kili had caught him in bed with me. He was ruined unless Kili kept his mouth shut.

"Fili, you know you can't do that," Kili argued. Fili looked back at me. I was staring at them both.

"I know," Fili said quietly. He held his head down in shame. He looked up at his brother.

"Abel felt weak, and I thought I would comfort her," Fili added. I wrapped the blankets around myself. Kili then shrugged and smiled at his brother.

"I'm not going to say anything. I think it's cute," Kili said. I smiled at Kili. He was always full of surprises. Fili looked instantly relieved. He put his hand on Kii's shoulder.

"Thank you, Brother," Fili then removed his hand and looked at me with a charming smile.

"Just don't get caught," Kili warned us. He then left the room. Fili walked back and sat on the bed. He gave out a sigh and ran his fingers through his blonde hair. I sat up and began to play with his hair.

"We have to be more careful next time. We were lucky it was Kili," Fili told me. I wrapped my arms around Fili and put my chin on his shoulder.

"We," I asked him. He then smiled. I put a kiss on his shoulder. He turned around and then kissed my forehead.

"You must get rest. Kili and I must be going, we have to go to the council," he whispered as his lips were still on my forehead. He then pulled his lips away from me and I laid down in bed. He put the blankets over me and made sure I was comfortable before he left the room.

I waited for them to leave and once I heard their horses hooves clomp away, I got out of bed. I was still weak, but I managed to get to the kitchen.

I made myself another bowl of soup and ate it by the fire. As I drank my soup and stared into the dancing fire I thought of Fili's loving words. I loved him so dearly, but would he be able to marry me when he reclaimed Erebor? That was a question I didn't want to ask and decided to put it away. For this moment I wanted to live in a fantasy land where our love would be perfect and untouched.

Fili and Kili arrived home late, and they were both surprised that I was on the couch. Fili, of course, sat down next to me and Kili sat on the sitting chair.

"So how was the town meeting," I asked them both. Kili groaned and sat back in the chair. Fili rubbed his beard angrily. I could tell the meeting didn't end well.

"They are pointing fingers at Kili and me for desertion of the battle, and are putting us on corporal punishment," Fili told me. I put my hand over my mouth and gave a small gasp. They both left the battle to come to save me.

"But Uncle Thorin protected us and said that our acts were brave to go and save the townspeople," Kili added. I put my hand down realizing that they might not have to face corporal punishment.