"Damn, 'bout time Bee," Sam said with a laugh. My face scrunched up in confusion and I tilted my head.

"I'll tell you later." He said in my head and I went with it. Lennox led them to Mearing's office while Bee and I went back to the barracks.

"So, who's Sam?" I ask shyly.

"Sam is my charge like I said. He's been an important part of our mission here on Earth. Remember when (y/n) almost died? He brought Optimus back to life so they would live. Sam's family has had an interesting history with our kind and so has he." Bee said and I nodded silently.

"He doesn't seem to know how to handle his emotions." I mocked in a monotone voice and Bee laughed.

"No he doesn't, he gets angry and scared very easily." He said and we laid on his berth. I sat on his chest in a peaceful silence. That's when we heard an even louder commotion in the main hangar. Bee looked at me weirdly and picked me up before walking out to where the noises were coming from. When we got to the hangar, the first thing I noticed was my best friend sitting on her mate's shoulder. I could tell something was off about her from her posture. (Y/n) has always had a keen sense of danger, she likes to call it her sixth sense.

~(Y/n)'s POV~
This isn't right, something isn't right. I can feel it like a dark haze and no one else can. That's what really bothers me. I've learned not to ignore when I feel paranoid, it always happens when something bad is about to happen. This Sentinel Prime is setting me on edge and everyone keeps telling me it's fine. It's not fine. We stood in the hangar and I watched as Optimus pulled the matrix from his chest and revived his mentor. Sentinel rose with a startled and horrified expression. Optimus soothed him and I sat silently on his shoulder. I just listened as they conversed and Sentinel seemed a little too nice? I know something is off with him even though I've never met him. I sighed and looked around the room, noticing Sam at the railing with Mearing and my Uncle. I jumped off my mate's shoulder and onto the walkway, surprising Sam and the other girl with him. Sam watched as I stood up straight with a careful expression.

"You know, I still don't know your name." He said and I tilted my head slightly. That's weird considering how much he was around the Autobots and how much I was around them. Uncle Will stepped in and introduced me.

"This is my niece, (y/n). Our resident hybrid and daughter of Autobot Ironhide." He said with a smirk and Sam's jaw dropped.

"You mean that Ironhide?" He gawked whilst pointed at my Dad. I nodded and smiled under my helmet. "Holy shit, that's badass by itself let alone you as a person."

"She is also in a relationship with Optimus. Well, I guess you could say it's more of a mateship?" Uncle Will said questioningly looking at me for confirmation. I nodded and he smiled, happy that he got it right. I smiled and finally looked over to the tall blonde with Sam. I stared at her and my head tilted in a silent question.

"Carly Spencer, nice to meet you." She said, reaching out her hand to shake. I shook it and nodded to her.

"How come you aren't talking?" Sam asked.

"She's physically mute." My Uncle jumped in and I was grateful he did. I took off my helmet and showed off the scars around my neck and the metal on my face. They looked shocked and confused.

"Were you born with the metal on your face?" Sam asked and Carly punched him in the shoulder with an angry expression. Sam shied away and apologized. I put my hand on Carly's shoulder and smiled at her, telling her it was okay.

"Uh, this one I'm not really sure about. You never really told me." Uncle Will said and I signed to him the summary of the story. "Oh, got it. So basically, she was kidnapped by Megatron, and Shockwave injected something into her bloodstream along with energon. They chemically bonded in her body and surfaced on her face and collarbone. She has another metal piece on her shoulder where her protoform was torn. The metal bond that was used to heal her fused to her skin. That's pretty much it."

"Jesus, that's nuts," Sam commented and I nodded with a smile.

"That's not even the worst part. She's almost died multiple times out of the battlefield." Uncle Will said with a shake of his head. I laughed silently and the couple just looked at me like I was crazy. I shrugged and took my leave with a mock salute and a jump backward off the railing. I landed on the floor and trailed off over to my Dad. He picked me up and sat me on his shoulder.

"What's up kid?" He asked me mentally.

"Nothing, just still paranoid," I answered.

"I feel ya." He said and I glared at him.

"Then why didn't you say that earlier?!" I questioned.

"I didn't want to offend Optimus. Sentinel taught him everything he knows apart from what he learned as Orion." He said and I thought for a minute.

"I get that but he's putting emotions in front of instinct and he's going to regret it," I said solemnly.

"Is it that kind of feeling?" He asked suggestively and I nodded. "We'll just have to keep on guard then."

"Yeah," I said mindlessly. I watched as Optimus took Sentinel outside and they drove off. Something is going to happen and I need to stop it before it's too late.