21. [end]

after diana had written the last letter, she let her tears slip and she dropped her pencil, her hand shaking. her music was turned up full volume and she didn't care if her mom barged in to tell her to shut it down. 

'please send to niall' she wrote down and gathered all her letters to niall. her tears freely fell as she softly sang to chorus of the song. 

diana, 

let me be the one to light a fire inside those eyes, 

you've been lonely, 

you dont even know me, 

but i can feel you crying, 

diana, 

let me be the one to lift your heart up and save your life, 

i dont think you even realize, baby you'd be saving mine 

"youre saving mine, but i cant do it anymore" she said softly while putting her head in her hands.

-

the song kept repeating for hours and her mother began to worry. diana has never played the same song over and over again for hours like that. her mother decided to go check her room, to see if she was okay. 

but nothing was ever okay. 

she didnt seem to find diana on her bed or her desk, where she usually was. she then checked diana's bathroom and she screamed. "diana! what have you done?!" she yelled out in horror and saw all types of pills and pill bottles scattered all over the bathroom floor.

"everyone wanted me to be happy." she quietly said as she started to flutter her eyes. her mother started crying and grabbed diana's phone from the counter and called 911. 

-

her mother went into diana's room for the first time in three months. but as she opened the door, the tears started to fall from her eyes. she saw polaroids of her and her best friend laughing up on her wall, she saw her favorite bands on her wall, she saw diana's favorite person in the world, niall. she knew who he was because diana always talked about how much she loved him to her mother a couple of times.  

she went over to diana's desk and there were more photos of diana and her best friend. some of them were of diana and her mother and her mother let out a painful weep. more tears started to fall from her mother's eyes so she sat down on her desk. "why did you have to do that, diana?" she whispered. 

she then looked at the photos again, more carefully, what she didnt notice the first time was letters. it read, 'please send to niall' 

her mother read through all of the letters and now understood how much she loved him. she now understood how happy he made her, even though niall didnt exactly know who diana was.

she folded all of diana's letters and put them in envelopes to send to niall.

"if this was her last wish, then might as well make her last wish come true." her mother said as she drove to the post office.

☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹ 

so this was basically the last chapter. thank you guys for stickin around and ya'll are lovely people and i love you so so so so so so so so so so so much

and i'll probably post the epilogue soon or tomorrow or yeah bc i need to unpack and shit lmao

also, if you remember from the beginning, before i took it out, i said that i was writing my feelings for niall, which was true, but the parts like these werent about me, like i totally made this up and i dont feel this way, kay 

but if you do feel that way, then please please please talk to me about it because i care about you guys a lot and i dont want you guys feeling sad :-(