Bind Chapter 21

Defeating the Brotherhood had been a utter debacle. Darkholme betrayed them. Despite their best efforts Evan saw more horrible stuff than more people saw in a lifetime and nearly gave in to their demands. Despite Baby's presence Sabertooth still got his hands on Oliver and he made him watch as Logan drowned Daken in a puddle of mud and blood. Logan had been completely unaware that they witnessed his heinous act until it was over and Evan attacked Sabertooth. When Logan tried to collect Oliver he hauled off and punched him - breaking his hand in the process. But even with a broken hand he was able to talk Evan down and get him to take off the suit and return to the school with them. Logan understandably didn't allow Oliver to accompany him to Japan to bury Daken.

To make matters worse another of Rouston's videos surfaced on the internet. The techs at S.H.I.E.L.D. couldn't explain it. The file seemingly decrypted itself and uploaded to the web on an automatic relay. Even after it went out they had no idea if there were others or how to shut the relay off. Just like before Oliver didn't care. It was more the fact that he could see Daken's face and hear his voice - moaning his name - Oliver actually remembered that moment quite vividly. The feel of Daken hand in his hair, tickling his ear. Hallucinating a halo around Daken's head - his eyes bright blue and his tattoo dancing around his skin as his muscles tensed—

"So you're just never going to talk to me again?" Oliver paused the video and looked up when he heard Logan's voice. He took off his headphones so he could hear him better. He was in his regular uniform, his mask in his hand. Oliver would be happy if he never saw the X-force 'black and whites' ever again.

"I could've helped him." Oliver said as he absently scratched at the cast on his hand.

"You helped save Evan - be happy about that. And don't take this as a dig at your abilities but no, you couldn't have helped Daken. And if you believe that then—"

"I helped you didn't I?" Oliver asked. "Despite how much he hated the comparison you two were just a like. As corny as it sounds Daken only wanted someone to love him. To see who he really was. He wanted someone to want to help him. Not just out of fear or pity. He wanted someone to see him and I did. Just like I see you. You gave up on him which is why you killed him. And you're mistaking my attitude towards you as hatred. I don't hate you, I love you Logan - which is why I'm so disappointed in you."

"I'm sorry... I love you too, kid." Logan admitted. "Sorry to disappoint you but I gotta do these things. Some people can't be saved. And you can't save everyone with a blowjob." Oliver looked at him sharply. "Did you think I wouldn't smell it on you? Everything he did to you? He waved your scent in my face just to piss me off. It's why you wouldn't let Hank take a look at you once you got back—"

"He didn't rape me, Logan - I wanted it. There were no drugs this time. He wasn't using his pheromones on me. And before you ask how I know for sure let me remind you that my senses are just as keen as yours. I was getting through to him. And if I had to blow him to do it then I would've stayed on my knees in front of him for the rest of my life if it meant I didn't have to witness you drowning him in a puddle of his own blood!" Oliver was suddenly screaming at him. "Is that why you're going to kill Darkholme? Yet another man you have to 'protect' me from?"

"He betrayed us!" Logan said. "That bum doesn't deserve your loyalty - just because he looks like Kurt—"

"Whose next on your hit list? Wade? Remy? How about Stephen - he's fond of me too. Azazel must have a target on his back by now."

"That's not what this is about and you know it. I'm not slaying your bedmates because they dared to touch you. I'm killing them because they're trying to destroy the world. They're bad men. They're using you to get what they want and you're just letting them take it because you think there's something worth saving - well there isn't!" Logan yelled. "Why don't you fuck someone nice for a change and maybe then we won't have to have this conversation again!" Logan regretted saying that as soon as it left his mouth. The look on Oliver's face broke his heart. He would've been able to handle it if Oliver had screamed back at him or attacked him but that wasn't Oliver's style. When he was hurt he retreated back into himself rather than lash out. He wasn't like his father - he wasn't like Logan in that respect. He was better than that and he deserved better than what Logan just said to him. He was a hypocrite - given the amount of questionable choices he's made in bed partners in his long life.