Meeting The Homies

Two periods later and I'm already sick of this school. This school has been so ghetto so far. Girls that don't have any self respect are the ones that go here. Just about an hour ago a girl got introuble for having sex with someone on the baseball field. I don't know how that news spread all over the school so quickly.

Obviously her boyfriend doesn't have any type of respect for her but that's none of my business.

After I left my class, since the bell rang for lunch, I made my way over to the line that was forming with hungry students.

Once the line started to pick up pace into the cafeteria I grabbed a sandwitch and a juice box.

After I grabbed my items, I punched my lunch number into the kiosk. I strolled out of the room that they keep there food in and then I looked around for a table to sit and eat.  

You can tell this school has cliques and had designated tables for each clique.

Still searching for an empty section, I saw Destiny waving her hand for me too come over.

I met Destiny in my last period, she was seated next to me in class. Ever since we introduced ourselves to each other we hit it off pretty well. I was actually surprised since everyone here seemed so stuck up.

"Hey Destiny. " I said arriving at her table and setting my tray down.

"Hey Kay, how you like it here so far ?" She asked taking a quick sip of her juice box.

"Its cool, it's different from back home for sure." I said opening the package of my Apple slices.

"You'll get use to it. This school is not that bad to be honest it has to grow on you." She chuckled.

"But anyways, these are my friends ." She said turning her attention to the group of people she was sitting with.

"YOU GUYS!" Destiny exclaimed to grab everyone's attention.

"What Des damn? Yelling like you ain't got no damn sense!" A light skinned man with a bunch of tattoos said. I'm surprised he had that many at this young age.

"Shut up Ty , but anyways Kayla , the one who looks like Jackie Chan is Tyga." Destiny chuckled.

I heard Tyga smack his lips "Wassup ma'."

I laughed and greeted him.

"And that's Nia, Chris, August, and Dasia." She intoduced the rest of her friends.

"Hi I'm Kayla. " I cheesed.

Everybody said their greetings but Chris. I think that's his name. That's the same guy who I bumped into earlier, I guess he's a grudge holder. He only looked up from his phone once.

"You're not gonna' say hi Chris ?" Des asked.

He looked up from his phone, looked at me then at Des and then said "Why? She a hoe like the rest of em'."

"A hoe? Nah, You got me confused with someone else. Never been one, never will be. " I said moving my knee up and down, which helped me calm down a bit.

Wait, I'm not going to let him upset me. I don't even know this little boy. Obviously his mother didn't raise him right if that's the first thing that left his mouth when meeting someone new.

Turning my head towards Destiny she mouthed "sorry" to me. I don't know what she's apologizing for, she didn't tell that little boy to greet me in that way.

Rolling my eyes, I chuckled. I just continued to eat my food, this would probably be the last time I ate here with them.

"Chris shut-up, you're so rude. Take that shit somewhere else." Destiny said coming to my defense.

"Whatever Des, make sure you don't bring anymore hoes to our table after today. Okay?" Chris laughed while he gave me a smirk. Then he walked off without saying anything else.

By now I was furious, who do he think he is? I've never met this boy a day in my life and he already had it out for me. This is exactly why I left my hometown, everybody was against me for no reason. I could be sitting here looking pretty and I'll be hated for it.

"Sorry Kayla, he's always like that to every female he doesn't know." Nia said and everybody else agreed.

"Dont even trip ma', he'll get used to you sooner or later." Ty said.

They're all defending him like he's a villain and he gets passes for treating people like that. That's ridiculous, they need to let him know that's so disrespectful.

"I dont know why, one day his ass going to get punched." Dasia replied.

"Ahh shut-up Dasia, You ain't gon' punch nobody. Ya' heard?" August' Louisiana accent coming out thick as ever with every word he spoke.

"Bye August , You ain't my daddy." Dasia rolled her eyes while waving him off.

"That's not what you be saying when I be beating my shit up." He said licking his lips.

Tuning Dasia and August out because at this point I don't even care to be here since Chris left a bad taste in my mouth. I was honestly ready for lunch to be over so I can finish this shitty school day.

Tyga, Nia and I had our own conversation until the bell rang for the next period.

Chris' words were still heavy on my mind. Does he really think of me like that? Was my apperance in a 'hoe' fashion? I dont know, but I wish this day can hurry up and be over.

-

Revamped