Rapunzel

'Lets go Eugene!" We hop in the portal.

When we got there, the clock shown twelve. By the time we got to Corona, it was 6:00pm. We built a camp fire and then talked for a bit.

Then he left to go get firewood. When he left, i smiled.

Then, all of a sudden, I hear the last voice I would want to hear right now.

"Well, I thought he'd never leave!"

"Mother?" I whisper-yell.

"Hello dear."

"But I-I-I-I don't really, How did you find me?" was all I could say. She hugged me.

"Oh, it was easy really. I just listened to the sound of complete and utter betrayal and followed that." She said.

I sighed. "Mother-"

"We're going home Rapunzel. Now!" she tried pulling my hand, but I only moved a foot.

"But you don't understand! I've been on this incredible journey and I seen and learned so much! I-I even met someone."

She smiled. "Yes, the wanted thief. I'm so proud." She said with sarcasm in her voice. She then frowned and said "let's go Rapunzel."

"Mother, wait!" I stop and so does she. "I think-" I pause and draw in a breath. "-I think he likes me."

"She turned around. "Likes you? Please Rapunzel, that's demented." I was hurt by this, but didn't show it.

"But mother I-"

"This is why you never should've left!"

I sigh.

"Dear, this whole, romance that you invented, just proves that you are to naive to be here! Why would he like you? Come on now really!" She started to sing. "Look at you! You think that he's impressed? Don't be a dummy. Come with mummy. Mother-"

"No!" I interrupt. She looks dumbfounded, but then looks angry and unimpressed.

She smirks. "No?" she sings again. "Oh! I see how it is. Rapunzel knows best! Rapunzel's so mature now. Such a clever grownup miss!"

She pats my head.

"Rapunzel knows best. Fine! If you're so sure now, go ahead and give him this!" she holds up the satchel.

"How did you-" I was cut off.

"This, is why he's here! Don't let him deceive you! give it to him. Watch! See!"

"I will!" I bravely say.

"Trust me,my dear" she snaps her fingers. "That's how fast he'll leave you! I won't say I told you so! No, Rapunzel knows best! So if he's such a dream boat, put him, to the test!" She starts to leave.

"Mother, wait!" I call.

She turns around and sings "if he's lying, don't come crying! Mother! Knows! Best!" then she disappears.

I look at the crown and sigh.

"Rapunzel! Hey uh. Can I ask you something?" Eugene yells. "Is there any chance that I'm gonna super strength in my hand cause, I'm not gonna lie, that would be stupendous." He is behind me, I can feel it. "Hey, you alright?" I put the crown in the satchel and his the satchel behind as I turned around.

"Oh, sorry, yeah. Just a, lost in thought I guess."

He shrugs. "I mean cause here's the thing. Super good looks, been there, born with it. Super human strength, imagine the possibilities!" I zone out after that.

I was worried to death if he would leave me or not. When he stopped talking, we went to bed.