Chapter 2 - His Excitement

Start from the beginning

"Anika...it's...its a matter of few more months. I have already put so much effort into this collaboration. Once we have, our company will be where Dad wants to see it. "

"Shivaay it's going to be five months already.." She said in a soft voice.

"I know. But trust me Anika...

" Until last to last week, you said you would be here by now. "

"Anika... please understand."

"I miss you Shivaay." She wiped her tears.

"I miss you too Anika. But this is important.

"Please come back."

"Anika,"

"Shivaay please...you can go back later again. And next time I will accompany you. Even if I do not like to go abroad. Promise."

"Anika, why don't you understand. Anyway," He sighed, he was losing his temper. It was already hard for him a and she was making it worse. "My Visa has been extended. Oh yeah, Mr. Malothra will be meeting you soon regarding his upcoming launch. And I spoke to mom and dad. They are okay with it. "

"Shivaay!" She couldn't help but feebly whisper. 

"Anika. Please be mature. I will come home soon. And...yeah...there are certain documents in the locker that I want you to give to Dad. Alright. "

Anika frowned. "Shivaay...you.."

"Anika, please. I don't have time for this. Just go with the flow for now. "

"But Shivaay.."

"I have a meeting to attend. Talk to you later," he cut the call, in frustration. Couldn't she understand she was making him weak when she had to be his strength?

The call did not come until five days. Shivaay was scared he would be rendered weak by her pleas. Anika was angry with him. She had cried to sleep every day after that conversation until on the sixth day he called and spoke as though nothing had happened. 

That day she decided to do as she was told. Go with the flow. She no longer spoke her heart. He did most of the talking about the new city and people. Slowly the conversations got shorter. He also lost the heart to talk knowing she was upset. She did not say it, but he knew. Ever since that day his sleep got less. He started spending more time at the gym and working. All he wanted was to get back to her. But not before fulfilling the task he had come for.

The knock brought Anika out of her thoughts. Anika had started working for the Oberoi Event Management Company. Usually, Shivaay headed it. But in his absence, she had taken over. In the beginning, it was hard but with constant support from him, it became a cakewalk for her. 

"Yeah, Vishal. "

"All okay? "

"Yeah. "

" Cool. At five, meeting with Mehras. "

"Alright. Just tell the driver. Ah...ask Misha to accompany me."

"Okay boss!" He gave a cheeky smile left.

Anika smiled the man always was very jaunty and managed to get a smile on the coworkers' faces. Vishal indeed was a gem of a person. She straightened her lips. Just like Shivaay used to be. She closed her eyes. She did not like this. It was like the breeze before the storm. Storm? 

She did not like this. Her sudden unlikeness for anything related to Shivaay. Why was she going so mad about it? She should be happy. She was. But happiness was packed with confusion and doubts. Did he feel the same way too? 

Only time could tell. 

She had to wait. Like she had for more than a year. The truth pinched her hard. Waiting was her Destiny now. Annoyed with the thought she got back her mind on the remaining work.