ten.

NOELLE

"UNCLE HARRY !!" Two loud kids suddenly took over the speakers of my phone and my face instantly let out a grin.

"Hey you guys! I miss you! "

"We miss you too" Austin speaks,

"Have you been good? Your sister said you get stars at school every day!"

"Yes, yes!! we do! " Avery exclaimed

"Ms. Peterson gives me lollies sometimes if I get to write my name clear and good. or when i colour a hard picture without smears, shhh" Austin excitedly rambles and whispered at the end but his sister could still hear it.

Avery then gasped on the phone, ranting about how their teacher doesn't give her any but gives her starbursts from time to time. Austin then was the one who gasped because knowingly, StartBursts are his favourite candy.

They ranted about 3 minutes until when we needed to break it to them that me and harry are still listening and refraining ourselves from laughing very loud for them to hear and stop them from huffing at each other.

"Okay, okay, stop that already. At least Ms. Peterson gives the both of you treats!" I say sternly but you could hear the smile on my voice.

"Your sister's right. Just be thankful that she gives you guys candies. Now, how about you Ave, what do you do to receive stars?" Harry asks curiously

"Ok, I'm sorry."

"Uhm, she guides me to wite my name and color too. Sometimes I wite little math problems on the board. Ms. Peterson also told me that it's we-we-welevant, welevant to follow the lines of the paper when witing letters or my name."

me and harry looked at each other with big grins, shocked that this little three year old knew what the word "relevant" meant. Still can't pronounce her r's but it was impressive nonetheless.

"That is so great, my love! You've learnt what "relevant" means already. Good job!" excitement took over as i speak.

"Avery, now I want you to tell me what the word "relevant" means. What did Ms. Peterson tell you?"

"She said It's "important to the matter at hand". It means that it's important to me witing letters and my name properly" we praised her more because of how fast she's learning.

We talked for a few more minutes until we had to go and the twins gave the phone to Luke and we exchanged "I love yous"

I let out a breath and smile, "well, we need to go. feels a bit rude if we continue speaking on the phone"

"okay. stay safe, bye Elle"

I hung up and left Harry in the kitchen, walking back to the living room where the other guys are and sat next to Niall. Him giving me a can of water. While Harry invites to play a ridiculous game of truth or dare.

After a few minutes of a mess, Niall spoke up quietly.

"Have eyes for Zayn huh?" I whipped my head and looked at Niall, taking a large gulp of water, obviously noticing my glances toward the chocolate eyed man.

"Mhmm"

"Is there something wrong?" he then asks, and then the sentence I was scared to hear was dropped.

"You can trust me, Elle"

I've never been the one to trust easily. It has been very hard because every single time I do it, it all goes down blazing after a while. It's actually been a long time since I ever opened up myself and completely trusted someone who was a complete stranger to me. Niall, he's still considered a stranger no matter what, I know Harry knows him but I don't. I've never had a proper conversation with him until a few weeks ago. I expected myself to be closed off but this man just brought comfort and radiated happiness towards me and it made me feel safe.

The boys have now gone to Niall's balcony, leaving the two of us behind, sipping their own choice of drinks.

For a few weeks of talking and seventy-two hours of us meeting personally, I've known Niall. Not Niall that the media portrays, but the true Niall.

It may seem impossible because it's just been three weeks of texting and three days of meeting, but I felt it. Felt that he really is one of the kindest people in this planet. Or more so, the kindest.

He's been very welcoming since I came here. Never have once been bitter about my presence even though he barely knew me.

Maybe, that's why he gets so heartbroken. He's so kind to everyone and they take advantage of that. They take advantage of how he treats them like his own family and never makes them feel left out. Maybe that's why. Even though if it was me I wouldn't. Ever.

As I've been on twitter for almost a year but keeping my seventeen tweets as they are. They have been saying,

"Protect Niall at all costs."

They're right. This person right beside me has a gem of a heart, and if he trusts me with it, I'd never want to break it because breaking it might also break me in the process. .

"Noelle" Niall says beside me and places his hand on my thigh, I jump slightly and look up as his eyes find my forest ones. Me trying so hard to not get lost in his own beautiful ones.

And at that moment, I knew I could also trust him with mine.

"Niall, Zayn Malik is my ex"