(Chapter 16) Behind the Death

Sorry for not updating for like 3 weeks! Anyway here's a

Recap - Klaus is in the hospital, on his way to see Elena when Katherine tries to stake him.

____________________________

Klaus's POV

"Katerina." I say amazed she came out of hiding and actually made a bold move and tried to kill me.

She smirked at me, "Came to finish the job."

"Clever girl, pretending to be Elena, but not clever enough."

Just when she was about to stab me with the white oak stake, I rolled over so she missed. I pushed her neck against the wall. I then grabbed the stake and asked,

"Did you honestly think you could kill me?"

She laughs. "Yes I did. Especially because if you believed I was her, I'd get an easy shot to kill you."

"Just because I think for even a second that you are Elena doesn't mean I'll be weaker."

"Yeah it does. Don't you see it? You love her."

I skipped the subject, "Why would you try and kill me, I'm from your bloodline which means if I die, you do too."

"Did you really think I'd kill you knowing I'd die too? I always have a Plan B and a C and you know, the alphabet. That plan is a witch, I had her do a spell for me in case you die."

I smirked, "And that witch is?"

"Guess who?"

"Esther?"

She nodded with a smile.

I growled, "Goodbye Katerina."

"Wait! If you kill me, you won't know the real story about Elena's death."

"Why should I care about that? All I wanna do is rip your throat out. Besides, she's alive now isn't she?"

She smirked, "Doesn't matter if she's alive right now, she can disappear from the land of the living because of this."

"If you're playing games with me to save your life Katerina, I'll torture you day by day and leave you in a dungeon, giving you small drops of blood to prevent you from desiccating."

"I'm not! I'll tell you if you promise not to kill me.

"What is it?"

"Promise me."

"Fine, I won't kill you."

"Elena wasn't brought back because of nature's balance, that's just bullshit to keep her from becoming curious. Anyway the witches have been punishing Esther for quite a while, thousand years I'm guessing, because she created vampires but they stopped. They're willing to give her a chance to finish what she started and kill all of the originals or at least kill you. The thing is, she's not allowed to come back to life and finish the job herself. I mean she already died remember? She was only allowed to cast one spell to somehow kill you and if she manages to do so, then Esther will finally find peace in the other side.

I know what your thinking, there isn't a spell that can kill you, so instead she used it to bring someone who might be able to kill you, Elena."

"You forgot something Kitty Kat." I answered.

"What?"

"Elena was dead too, which means Esther could've just used the spell to bring herself back. Why Elena?"

"Oh yeah that. Well, all deaths are planned except vampire deaths, witches can't determine that, only humans. Anyway, Elena's death wasn't supposed to be on the night she died. Witches can't really tell the future but after a while they knew you weren't gonna kill Elena, you loved her so when Mikael mysteriously came back and killed her, her name on the death book, or whatever the hell you call it, disappeared."