(Chapter 13) Life for a Life.

Elena's POV

It was hard for me to keep it together, I mean I just got used to the fact that I had no family anymore but I accepted it. Now, hearing that they didn't just accidentally die, but were killed, doubled the pain that was resurfacing again.

I clicked on the elevator button and it closed. I didn't feel like eating anymore so I headed back to our rooms,

I got out at our floor, slowly hobbling toward our room when Klaus and Kol came out probably heading to the breakfast buffet.

"Morning Elen- what's wrong?" Kol asked.

I looked up at him. "S-she killed them." I whisper softly.

"What?" he asked.

"Katherine. She killed them, my family."

"Wait, you saw her, here?" Klaus asked.

I nodded and said, "I met her in the elevator and she asked me if I remembered her, and I said no but she told me she was the one who started the fire last year. She wanted to trade me to you for her freedom so you can use me for the curse."

I started crying harder, my vision was going blurry.

"I'm sorry." Kol says, then he hugged me.

I hugged him back tightly crying. We stayed like that for a few minutes until I remembered what she said. I pulled back from Kol and looked over at Klaus then said, "Wait, Klaus, she said I'd be meeting her again, I think she's planning something."

"Okay, I'll have some of my hybrids look out for her."

I nodded feeling more assured then I wiped my tears off.

"Did you have breakfast yet?" Kol asked.

I shook my head.

"Come on, don't think about that yet, we'll take care of it later, you should enjoy. We're here to have fun remember? To get away from everything, we'll worry about what she's planning when we get back home."

I couldn't exactly just let it go, it wasn't that easy but I nodded.

Kol wrapped his hand around my waist as we walked back to the breakfast buffet.

I sat down and Kol got up and told me he can get me some food.

"Where's Bekah, Matt, and Caroline?" I ask Klaus.

"They're out windsurfing."

I nodded.

Kol came back holding two played with pancakes and some fruit. He sat next to me and placed an arm over my shoulder. I didn't really mind because my focus was heading towards the pancakes but Klaus's mood had managed to change in a split second.

Later that night, I decided to sleep early, just to forget everything for a little while and relax, I wasn't successful.

~ Elena's Dream ~

Why am I back here again? I was in the forest, the same place I was killed last year, there's fire again.

"Hello Elena."

I turned to see a woman with dirty blonde hair looking at me.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm Esther, I helped the witches bring you back."

"Oh, thank you, but why am I here?"

"Because Elena, I need your help with something."

"Well, you did bring me back, I'd be willing to try and help, what do you need?"

"You were brought back here for a reason, because my son Niklaus has feelings for you,"

I was slightly embarrassed so I replied, "Sorry but we aren't really together anymore, he doesn't have any feelings for me. He's in love with someone else."

"Nonsense, I'm a witch, I can sense it. Anyway, he loves you, you're able to break him down and make him vulnerable."

"What exactly do you want?" I ask getting suspicious.

"I'm willing to offer you a trade, I can bring your family back, and you can have your normal life again in exchange for doing some dirty work."

"What kind?"

"I want you to kill Niklaus."

_____________________________

Author's Note

I hope you liked the update even if it was kinda crappy, I was having writer's block and I didn't know what to do with the story but I kinda figured it out a little more.

Thanks for Reading! ❤️

Vote & Comment!