(Chapter 5) Elijah

** I wasn't going to make Caroline a vampire in this story but I decided to change that. So she's a vampire now.
___________________________________

Elena's POV

Nemo woke me up by licking my face and barking into my ears.

I'm usually mad if someone wakes me up from a good sleep but he was too cute for someone to be angry with.

I got up and brushed my teeth in the bathroom. Rebekah's really organized and thinks ahead. My towel, toothbrush, and other bath materials were already there. I've missed her so much.

When I came downstairs for breakfast Rebekah and Klaus greeted me with a good morning and I gave them back one.

"Oh Elena, I almost forgot. My brother Elijah is coming to visit today with his girlfriend. So Kol's coming over as well." Rebekah says.

"Oh that's cool. I get to meet more of your siblings. I'm actually visiting my family again tonight." I answer.

"Okay, I'm gonna start cooking now but can you please pick up some food I ordered at the grill?" She asks.

"Yeah sure." I reply.

I drove Rebekah's car to the grill then waited in one of the booths as they got the order ready.

I just sat there reading all the emails I've missed the past year. I found my phone in my car yesterday.

"Oh hey Elena!"

I looked up and saw Caroline smiling at me.

"Hey Caroline."

"So what are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'm just here to pick some food up for when Rebekah's brother arrives."

"Oh yeah, too bad I wasn't invited. I wanted to meet him." She says.

There was an awkward silence so she just said, "Anyway I have to go bye."

"Bye." I answer.

"Say Hi to Klaus for me and that I miss him." She said with a smile.

"Yeah sure."

Was she trying to make me feel bad and invite her? I would've but it's not my house to invite her to. Besides that I've noticed that she's been trying to get me jealous or something.

I get it Klaus is yours now. No need to rub it in.

After I received the order, I drove back to the Mikaelson mansion.

When I came though the door I found them all sitting on the couch and a man in a tux next to a pretty girl with light brown curly hair.

"Food's here." Rebekah says.

They all moved to the kitchen then we sat around the dining table.

"Elijah, this is Elena she's a friend of ours."

"Hello Elena." He says.

"Hi." I answer with a smile as I shoved the steak in my mouth.

He introduced his girlfriend to us, Ashley. She was really nice and she knew about all the supernatural stuff. Apparently she's a witch.

At about 7:30 I excused myself because I wanted to visit my family's grave on top of the mountain.

When I started my car it turned back off. I kept trying but it wouldn't budge.

I went back inside then Rebekah asked, "I thought you were going to visit your family?"

"I was but my car won't start."