Xiao Yan did not dare lift his head to meet Heine's gaze.

When Xiao finished putting on his uniform he saw that Heine was still sitting on the edge of the bed. His chin rested on his palm and his eyes were fixed on Xiao's body.

"Colonel, we should leave."

Xiao tried to control his heartrate. Being this close to Heine Burton was nerve wracking. He felt as though his heart was shaking in his chest and a fist was periodically squeezing it.

Heine finally got off the bed. He walked up to Xiao, straightened his collar and smoothed out his epaulettes.

Xiao Yan lowered his head to avoid Heine's eyes, but then his was faced with a more formidable part of Heine. His eyes widened at that very strong and imposing part of Heine. Although it lacks its former attack power, he is astounded that his body was able to accommodate its size. Xiao Yan shifted awkwardly, inwardly marveling at how incredible it all was.

Though...It had hurt...

Heine put on his uniform, his movement sharp and precise there is no delay in his smooth actions.

"Let's Go."

They exited the room and walked down the hall.

Due to the attack on 24 the whole base is in an emergency alert state.

Colonel Raven walked rapidly toward them. "Colonel, I'm sorry I didn't have time to properly send you off. I hope you have a safe return to the Shire."

"Thank you, Colonel."

Xiao didn't know if it was his imagination but the liaison officer standing next to Col. Raven turned bright red and lowered his face.

Since Xiao Yan was sleeping he didn't know that the officer had walked in while he was on the sofa with is leg out of the blanket. His skin had been marred with kiss marks from Heine. The liaison officer's nose had almost spurted blood on the spot.

Not to mention that when the officer went back to his office, he found it in complete disarray. The sofa had been moved from Xiao's struggles and there were white spots all over it. Not to mention the strong masculine musk that saturated the air.

The officer still remembered the cold eyes of Colonel Burton. He knew that if he said anything stupid his head would end up under his blade.

The aircraft headed toward the Shire.

Heine, Xiao and two others boarded the plane.

Heine opened the door to the cockpit.

"Where are you going, lesser lieutenant?"

This is a combat craft.

"Colonel...who...pilot..."

"You and me."

The door closed.

The aircraft headed off the platform.

Xiao Yan was excited to have the opportunity to pilot with Heine again.

They started the system, went through the settings, and engine lock. He wasn't certain if Heine was accommodating him, but their thoughts were in complete sync with one another. They did not even have to do a neural calibration.

The aircraft smoothly exited the base.

The feeling of linking minds with Heine was amazing. They piloted the dual system with ease.

Mark sat in the cabin with a sullen expression. He whined in a low mutter. " I used to pilot the aircraft."

Liv lifted her leg and kicked his face. "You stupid big man! If the Surge invades the control system who do you think is more capable, you or Xiao Yan?"

"Me, of course." Mark said confidently.

"...." Liv could only smile and shake her head helplessly.

"We won't encounter the Surge! Look at the writing on the craft, we are Heine Burton's troops."

Xiao Yan was concentrating on the entire fight system when Heine's lips suddenly brushed against his. He nibbled along his mouth and Xiao subconsciously turned his face to see Heine's eyelashes pierce through the data display in front of him. He opened his mouth and Heine's breath entered and mingled with his own.