Dressing Up For The Day

Killua hopes this is the first and last time they go to a park looking like frickin' leprechauns. He tugs at the scratchy collar, growling when it snapped back to his neck. Gon doesn't seem to mind much; in fact he's thinking the idiot even likes it! What's there to like about the stupid thing? It sure doesn't look good on him; the shorts are too tight and he fears his butt cheeks are already showing. He's tried bringing a jacket to cover it but Kurapika snatched it away before they even left the house.

"Tell me again why we're dressed like leprechauns?" he questioned darkly to the Kurta, who was actually wearing his normal clothes and by that he means his tribal robes. While him and Gon look like, ugh he doesn't know anymore. It's sick.

"Leorio requested," was the answer.

"And why, pray tell, would you listen to the old geezer's idea?" Killua felt his eyebrow twitch. He wanted to punch something.

He didn't miss the small smile and it made the boy growl again. "It seemed like an interesting idea. And he said it would be easy to spot you."

Killua clicked his tongue. "Yeah right," he scoffs. "Pretty sure he did that for his own amusement and for our embarrassment. He jus' wanted a good laugh." He blushed and ducked his head once he saw a mother and daughter looking at him.

"Demo Killua you gotta admit we look trendy!" Gon piped up from the other side, examining his butt as he posed. Kurapika chuckled quietly at his enthusiasm.

Beside him Killua was mortified. He blushed bright pink. "Trendy?" he repeated. He got a nod as Gon hopped away. Killua looked at his other companion. "He's kidding right? How can this be considered style? Kill me now!" he groaned as his eyes rolled to the back of his head.

"Perhaps he meant that both of you are receiving a lot of attention."

"Unwanted," he added miserably. He glanced at his best friend talking with a hotdog vendor. No doubt the topic's about the clothes. And they really had to match? Ugghh he's seriously gonna throttle that bear-faced idiot for coming up with such a ridiculous idea! And he's sparing Kurapika? No matter how you look at it it's so unfair.

Then Kurapika said "Take it as fair payment since you flooded the house."

Killua tensed. Then he sighed. Oh well. This can be considered as punishment for the tap incident. He did want to make up to his friend. So he'll accept it if this'll make the blond not mad at him anymore. All he could say was "Sure."

A few meters away to their left they hear loud and boisterous cackles. They turn and immediately spot someone familiar. It's just who Killua was waiting for. Gon cried out joyfully "Leorio!" and ran towards him excitedly, jumping to wrap his short arms on the tall man's neck. "Where've you been? We missed you! Didja pass? Huh?"

"Whoa slow down kid," Leorio chuckles as Gon hops off. "I ain't going anywhere." The other two approach them. "Hey guys. Haven't seen you in a while."

"I believe two years is not that long," Kurapika deadpanned with an expressionless face.

"Oohh sassy as always," Leorio says with a dramatic voice. He got a punch on the shoulder for that. Then he noticed Killua, who was staring at him with those dark assassin eyes.

"Care to explain why you suddenly had the whim to dress us up as magical Irish creatures?" Killua asked with a dripping tone of poisoned honey.

Leorio gulped, feeling the hostility. "Sudden idea I guess."

"Oh really?" Now he crosses his arms.

Leorio put his hands in prayer position. "Don't kill me Killua it was just a joke!"

At that, Killua snapped off the tie and threw it to the ground, chasing the old man around the park. Leorio screamed for help as he ran, not noticing he dropped his suitcase. Meanwhile the Zoldyck shouted out "Come back here you stupid-faced jelly! Coward! Face me like a man!"

The other two watched them as they ran off to the unknown. Gon giggled as he took off his costume, revealing him dressed in his usual green jacket and shorts, surprising his blond friend.

"You wore that all along?"

"Unn!" he exclaims cheerfully. "Demo it was so hot wearing two layers of clothes!" he whines. "Not a good idea."

Kurapika looks at his young friend for a moment. "Would you like to eat some cake?"

"Sounds like a plan."

And so with that, they leave the other pair to themselves.

Leorio was still shouting and Killua started throwing pebbles at his back. "Stop whining idiot grampa! Fight me!"

"Get away from me Running Man!" Leorio screeched.