Visiting Gon in Whale Island

The trio checked the map plastered on the train station. Kurapika checked the paper map in his hands, darting his gaze back to the one on the wall then to the paper. He did this several times and sighed.

On either side Leorio and Killua scoot closer to the one in his hands.

"Why the long sigh?" Leorio asks, straightening back up to his full height.

"I don't understand," he told them worriedly.

Killua checked both maps and turned to the middle one both in height and age. "Haa?! What are you talking about? It's just the same."

"Iia." Kurapika turns to look at him. "What I meant was I don't understand the transportation. Are we supposed to take the bus, the ship, the boat or the airplane?"

The other two give each other glances, the same thought running in their minds. He's worrying too much.

The ex-assassin heaves a sigh. "Kurapika you'll get older faster by worrying too much."

Leorio is suddenly hit with a bright idea. "Oi Killua you've been to Whale Island before right?"

"Uh-huh so what?" Killua asks carelessly, putting his hands behind his head.

Leorio sighs, frustrated that the kid wasn't cooperating. "Do I gotta spell it out for ya? You can be our guide." Killua's eyes suddenly widened, a sure sign he was listening anyway. "So think back and guide us. Which mode of transpo didja take?"

He and the Kurta turned to him, apprehensive and waiting. Killua hummed. Then as if having an answer looks at the two. "I dunno." Leorio falls comically while a sweatdrop forms on Kurapika's temple. The kid's tongue pokes out, as if apologizing. "It's been a long time since I've been there. Can't remember."

"Then how're we gonna visit Gon now?" Leorio wailed in despair.

Kurapika releases another sigh. "This is what I am anxious about. My worst fears have been realized." He puts a hand over his eyes and walks slowly to the bench, sitting down upon it and thinking.

The train station is quite crowded, with people on either sides waiting for their respective trains. Killua looks around, quite bored since the other two were sitting around overthinking stuff. As he slurps his iced chocolate drink, he tries to think back on how exactly did he and Gon reach the island. Well you can't blame him for not remembering; it has been over three years anyway. Yup they were fifteen with their Kurta friend in his twenties and the old man being a successful doctor at age twenty-two.

A man in a light brown coat catches the Zoldyck kid's eyes for no apparent reason. He just looked kinda shady but then he remembers an old adage: 'Don't judge a book by its cover'. He's so bored. Oh well. Can't hurt to sightsee. It would've been better if Gon were here but he's back home, hanging out with his old man.

He looks over his shoulder to see the pair still staring off into space. He rolls his eyes. Better scoot outta here before they notice him.

Before he could reach the exit he hears the distinct voice of the Kurta call out "Killua! Where are you going?"

Busted, he thought bitterly as he halted, before turning back around to walk back toward the two. "Sightseeing?" The older ones look at each other, then back at him. "Gon didn't say any day. Honestly we could go there anytime. It's just our idea to be there before Sunday. Well it's only Wednesday. Maybe we could stay a couple nights in a hotel or something? You guys need to chill you look like you've been starved for months." And he wasn't kidding. Kurapika had eyebags under his eyes and he looked thinner than his body build. Leorio was the same, and the whole time his small glasses were askew and not once did Killua ever see him fix it.

Kurapika sighs for the umpteenth time. Really Killua should be counting those to get rid of boredom. "So what do ya guys say? You guys really need to rest. You look horrible."

Leorio looks at the ceiling, thinking. Kurapika puts his finger to his chin.

Oh boy, Killua said to himself. They're overthinking again. Before they could get too lost in their thoughts Killua grabbed both their wrists and started getting the hell outta there. Several trains have passed anyway and he has no intention of waiting for any more when they didn't know how to get to Gon's home island. He's had enough of the color brown for one day too.

Seeing that the two seemed lost anyway, the Transmuter took his skateboard and put the blond there. He looked around for something that could hold the eldest and found a wagon where they could both fit.

He smiled sneakily as he took it without permission. He threw the doctor in there and hopped in beside him. A downward road was in front and Killua figured this would help ease the two. And so with all of them in place, Killua pushed Kurapika's back and looked at him go downhill. It seemed to do the trick as after a few seconds, the area was filled with his screams and shouts of terror. Killua licked his lips as he urged the cart to follow his board. Soon enough gravity was pulling them down, the whistling wind enough to stir Leorio from his thoughts. Like the blond, he screamed and cried and held onto the sides for dear life and help, Killua enjoying the ride as he whooped and had fun.

Kurapika ducked and held the skateboard, really having no clue how to balance such a thing. It wasn't unfamiliar to him but still it was a foreign object as he had never rode one before. Recognizing the yellows and red lines he knew at once it belonged to Killua. But how he ended up there he couldn't remember.

The ride was soon over, and his hair had been windswept across his head. Feeling a rush of wind behind him he turns to see the other two. Killua with a look of pure elation and Leorio with a look of absolute terror. Kurapika's own eyes widened as he realized he could be hit and sent flying. He screwed his eyes shut, bracing himself for the impact. But it never came.

"Again!" Killua cried. Behind him Leorio fainted.

The Kurta's chest heaved in and out to catch his breath, and he was also about to give in to unconsciousness when Killua shook him back to his senses. "Oh no you don't blondie. I've got a twenty-two-year-old man sleeping on the wagon. I'm not gonna have two bodies to carry. Wake up Kurapika." He said the last one in a much louder tone, close to his ear that Kurapika forced himself to keep standing.

"Attaboy." He felt three taps on his shoulder and Killua's presence gone beside him. A creaking sound made him turn and see the kid hefting the wagon in its two wheels with the handles. He shot a smile his way. "You go on and pick where we sleep. I'm gonna stay behind ya."

The area this time was a bit quiet but still part of civilization. There were many small shops on either side such as bakeries and shoe stores. Kurapika approached the younger kid of five years and ruffled his hair. Without a word he bent over to tuck his skateboard under his arm, prepared for the journey their way.

"Where are we?" groaned Leorio as he pushed his upper body up.

"Good you're awake Ossan," Killua smirks as he continued pushing.

Leorio grits his teeth as he faces the boy behind him. Kurapika merely ignores them, destination set in his mind.