Tie Troubles

"Up above!" Gon cried as he took off from the ground to continue pursuing along the tree branches.

The Kurta's mouth hung open, before deciding to abandon the thought of saying something. He just shut it and ran faster, the target getting farther from their sights. He concentrated on running on the ground, leaving the air to his younger friend.

As the pair ran farther and longer, the trees began to thicken, making them pay more attention to their surroundings.

Gon hopped branch to branch, his arms shooting out to grab as his legs continue to release power in order to jump.

"Gon!" he heard the blond shout from below. "Be careful up there!"

He shouted to the trees "Yeah!" But he missed a branch and gravity pulled him back down. He was prepared to hit the ground painfully but luckily Kurapika was keeping an eye on him and sped up to catch him. The younger one fell neatly in his arms, and Kurapika gave him a look as he kept running.

The other could only grin nervously, and follow it with a chuckle. "Gomen?" he tries.

Kurapika merely gives a tight smile and transfers the kid to his back. In response Gon holds on his older friend's neck, letting Kurapika hold him in place by supporting his legs with his hands.

"Kurapika daijoubu please let me chase. Yakusoku I won't fall off again. Plus, it'll be much more effective," Gon asked. "Onegai."

"Ja promise me one thing Gon," said the blond.

"Anything!" Gon's sight darts upwards again, itching to climb the trees once more.

"Promise me you'll be safe and unharmed," he continued.

Gon nodded vigorously in acceptance. As the Kurta gave his nod of approval, Gon jumped up using his friend's back to have a start. Then he continued his chase through the thick trees.

His brown eyes found the monkey and he quickened up the pace, excited to catch him. Specifically, the tie clamped in its grip. To be exact Leorio's tie. Since he couldn't chase after the monkey properly, the two decided to run after it. Killua meanwhile opted to stay behind, not interested in chasing for something as trivial as a tie, to which Leorio protested to as it was his favorite.

"Kurapika!" called Gon. "I've spotted it! I'm ready to catch it."

"Don't overdo yourself Gon!"

"Got it!" And so with a last powerful push of his legs, Gon went flying for a while, arms outstretched to grab the creature, which screamed in surprise as he successfully managed to encase the fidgeting monkey in his arms.

Letting the force of gravity pull him down this time, he landed on his feet, clutching the hyper monkey as it made noise to be released. Behind him he felt the presence of Kurapika, who slowed down before stopping completely.

Gon faced his friend with a huge smile. "We got it!"

The other gave a smile back as he reached for the monkey's hand. But before he was able to touch it the mammal was able to escape Gon's grip, still screaming and running once more.

Before it could get far however, it was suddenly on its back, prevented by no other than the white-haired ex-assassin.

Gon's face split in a larger grin. "Killua!"

Sure enough, Killua was pinning the monkey down, hands on either shoulders with a hint of bloodlust. His right hand mutated into the long nails and he neared it to the creature's throat. The other two came to stop him.

"Killua yamete!" Gon reached his best friend and held his arm, preventing him from harming the animal. "Don't touch him Killua he's done nothing wrong."

The other kid turns to him. "Well we wouldn't be in this predicament if this monkey stayed out of our business."

"Killua let go and just grab Leorio's tie," Kurapika told him. "Gon's right, he's a harmless creature who doesn't know any better."

After contemplation the Zoldyck sighed, snatching the tie and releasing the monkey. It ran away with no backward glance.

The trio straightened up and began to walk back to the rented cabin.

"I thought you said you weren't interested," Kurapika told him.

Killua gave him a side glance before looking at the blond straight. He shrugs. "Wanted to stretch my legs."

Kurapika chuckles. "Don't lie."

The younger smirks. "You can tell?" A sigh. "It was boring with nothing to do. Ossan wouldn't do anything but yap my ear off. I figured if I stayed any longer it'd fall off. He kept nagging me to do chores can you believe it?" He took a lollipop from his pocket. After unwrapping it he put it in his mouth. After rummaging through his pockets he produced two more, offering each one to his friends. They took it on the way home.