Chapter 10: Willows and Ghosts

Start from the beginning

I nodded, sitting, legs crossed, with Mist in front of me. We linked hands, and started to chant in unison with each other. I didn't know the words to her chant, as I wasn't paying attention to them. Even if I was keeping up, it was only because, I knew the language of the Willows. As we continued to chant, I saw visions I was supposed to see before, and my head began to feel clearer. Then I saw us, a new vision which was coming fast, we were being attacked. Then, as if the vision wasn't enough, Mist and I broke chant, and physical contact. We both fell away from each other, when laughter surrounded us, we looked up an saw hundreds and, hundreds of dream stealers. We were completely surrounded, with no apparent exits. "Looks like trapping you would be as easy as Jezebel suggested," one of them said, laughter and, sickening grins followed.

Without any other options, the both of us started fighting. The dream stealers coming almost faster than we could strike them down. The ways they died varied, some shattered, others splashed into puddles, while some just faded into seemingly non-existence. It was enough to get anyone disoriented. Whipping, back and, forth between targets, I started to get tired. Suddenly, when I felt like I was actually going to die, I noticed blue flames. I looked over to see that Mist was not only attacking them with it, but also using disorientation to keep me from harm. "M..mist?" I said gasping for air,"What are you doing?"

"We can't keep this up! You're still pretty worn out from fixing your problem, so run! Progenitor please...just run. Let me keep the promise I made to my mother," Mist said urgently.

I shook my head, but I hardly had a choice. "Try not to die Mist!" I yelled, feeling rather childish as I turned tail and, ran.

I didn't even have time to think about the energy I felt not too far away from us.

???'s P.O.V.

I had been sent on patrol. I mean I would have preferred to go on patrol with Toby, but Slendy said that he was out earlier, so I left it alone. I didn't exactly hate doing it by myself, it was a way to kill time, but with all that was going on, I wasn't sure. Nix, Flora, and Cyclops were all dead, found burning on a pyre by Toby earlier on. It kinda sucked, since they were actually all pretty chill. Not the point though. When I thought about how this killed time, my eye twitched, even the mention of time made my eye twitch. My blood would boil, and I would have half a mind to kill whatever was in front of me. It was after pissing myself off, that I heard something strange. It was just near the boarder, and met up with another area of forest. An area we as the allies, and proxies of Slender, were forbidden to enter. The boarder was extremely thin here, so I had no idea who would be out here. I walked closer, hearing someone around my age tell another person to run. The cried back, asking them to try not to die, before I assumed they left. As I drew closer, I saw a girl who looked anything but normal, surrounded in blue flames. I was surprised, something about this felt wrong, especially with one of her against several of them. I was brought to the point of snapping, hearing the ticking of a clock in my head. That was until, the creatures attacking her turned to me. They didn't look human, and certainly didn't look like anything I knew. I got prepared, grabbing my trusty knife from my pocket. I managed to take down a few of them with ease, but that was a short lived experience. They found an opening, and took their chance. They began making me relive my life, every memory, both good and bad. I screamed in agony, and felt dizzy and confused for what felt like an eternity. It wasn't until I heard myself say,"My name is Clockwork, and Your time is up," that I was released from my torment.

I felt dazed, drained, dizzy, and weak all at once. My heart was pounding inside my chest, as I felt a sudden burst of energy return to me. "GET OUT OF HERE! RUN NOW! I'LL KEEP THEM HERE, JUST REPORT IT BACK TO YOUR OPERATOR!" yelled the girl who now stood in front of me.

"Wha-?" I said still trying to process.

"I TOLD YOU TO RUN DAMN IT!" She cried.

I didn't even stop to ask her name, seeing that she currently had them distracted. I took off running, not wanting to go through that experience a second time. The idea of that surprisingly terrified me. I looked back a couple times, making sure none of those things were following me. "Ok Clocky," I mumbled,"Their gone for now, so report back to slender."