Chapter 5: Hunting with Slits

3rd person P.O.V.

                   Well then, it seems like Jezebel is behind all of this huh? Then again she seems a little unstable, and whatever she has planned for Ace, isn't going to be pleasant. But fair readers, we aren't quiet to that point in the story, so let's focus on the girl covered in scars. The undead killer, Slits. Oh, and it looks like she maybe having trouble during her hunt...

Slits P.O.V.

                    Before too long I had found my way to my targets house. My eyes had a glow to them as I slid my way into their house. The woman inside was killed 4 months ago, but now with some new people had moved in. I really just wanted to find some easy targets that were close by, but as there was no one there, it made me feel a little uneasy. I listened more intently now than I had before. It felt like back in the days I worked for the Italian Mafia, my father as the don. Then, before I knew it, I heard an angered shriek from behind me. I turned only to see a flash of a face long dead before having to duck below his strike. "D-dad?" I questioned, scared for the first time in a while.

                     "WHY WOULD YOU BETRAY US YOU BITCH! WE WERE YOUR FAMILY! AND WHAT WAS SHE, BUT A RAT FROM THE OTHER SIDE!" My cried out the same words he had when he'd killed me.

                        I shook with both anger and fear, as I couldn't tell whether or not I was living in a nightmare. Before I could dwell on my question, I was punched through the wall of the house. I slid across the ground, slamming hard into a tree off the the side of the house. It was just within range of a cliff, and it looked like my father was going to attempt to take my life again. I struggled to my feet again, trying to get ready for his next strike. I took the time to throw a knife, which stuck deep in his chest, but didn't stop him. I started to shake even more, while still desperately trying to hide it. He flung me again, this time I tumbled, just inches from the edge. I was bound, and determined to survive the encounter with him this time. He and, I went at each other, but now I was gaining some ground. He would grunt, and stumble back, 1/2 step, 1 step, 2 steps, 4 steps, I felt hopeful this time. I would kill him immediately, but that hope was ripped away, when he laughed. My heart sunk, as he took control, pushing me back further than I had, right over the edge. I managed to grab a hold of it, but I wouldn't be able to pull myself up with him in front of me. "Any last words you tiny little toy?" asked my 'father'.

                         Then slipped out the words that were rattling around my brain since our battle started. "You can't be alive! YOU CAN'T BE MY FATHER, HE'S DEAD! I KILLED HIM! HE'S DEAD!"

Dream Stealer's (Slits father) P.O.V.

                          If the words she cried would have had any emotional weight on me, I could only imagine it would have been immense. But for me emotions were very limited. There was lust, excitement, thrill, and anger when things wouldn't go my way, but no remorse. I didn't feel any remorse for her when she said that, so I felt happy about her misery. My prey was dangling by her fingers, fear in every word she screamed, hatred in her ruby eyes. It was a heavenly mixture, and it made me laugh, a hollow laugh. She stared at me startled at the sudden change in my voice. "No little girl," I said still thoroughly pleased with where she was, and her expression,"You're right, I'm not your father. Though you expression is like candy to me...hahahahahahahaha!"

                         I watched her expression change as I admitted it openly to her, and lowered my guise. Her face twisted itself into an indignant glare. "What the fuck are you?!" she asked her voice now laced with anger, the venom only slight, based on her position.

                        "Oh child, I no name, but I am the thing that will take your life and, then feed off of you memories," I said kneeling down, lifting a knife above her fingers.