Chapter 13

I straightened my Green Day shirt and walked around. I felt more uncomfortable than Mickey.

Rose and the Doctor obviously rely on each other strongly. They're dependable, nice, and everything I'm not.

From childhood, the Doctor(known as Theta, back then) and I never spoke, never was seen together. The only time we talked was when we were fighting or competing. He was rude, insolent, and terrible to me.

But somewhere, that changed. Maybe it's the fact that we're the only two left.

So commitment is out of the question. The whole idea scares me. The reality is I've already had a regeneration taken and I know for a fact that Rose isn't in his future. I can't see why she would give this up so I'm assuming she didn't willingly.

The point is if I stay with the Doctor and fall for him, I might fall hard and lose something more important then my regenerations.

But the thing is, the Doctor showed me a sense of adventure. I'd always wanted to leave Galifrey, but something was keeping me. My parents, the war council. The day I returned to the Doctor, that crazy day with the living plastic and Rose Tyler, that was the day I finally really turned my back on Galifrey.

I passed City Hall when I heard a ruckus. Hm, ruckus. I like that. Jack, Mickey, Rose, and the Doctor cornered a short blond plump woman.

She teleported out so I reached into my pocket and grabbed my sonic. She teleported back, not entirely sure how that happened. The group didn't know either.

The vicious cycle continued. Vanish, reappear. Vanish, reappear. "I could do this all day," I called. The blond lady turned around to face me. "Who are you?"

"Ah, that's not important," I redirected, "Now judging by my friends chasing you, you're an alien. And you need a big human so you can fit. Taking into account, the gas? Obviously a Slitheen."

"This is persecution," the lady accused, "Why can't you leave me alone? What did I ever do to you?"

"You tried to kill me and destroy this entire planet," the Doctor sneered.

"Apart from that." The lady sighed and led us to City Hall.

"So, you're a Slitheen," I recalled, making sure I'm right, "You're on Earth, you're trapped. Your family get killed but you teleport out just in the nick of time. You have no means of escape. What do you do? You build a nuclear power station. But what for?"

"A philanthropic gesture," The lady(as introduced as Margaret) sweetly said, "I've learnt the error of my ways."

"And it just so happens to be right on top of the rift," the Doctor remarked.

"What rift would that be?"

"A rift in space and time," Jack cut in, "If this power station went into meltdown, the entire planet would go-" Then he does a little suck and boom!

The Doctor ran his hand over the model. "This station is designed to explode the minute it reaches capacity."

"Didn't anyone notice?" Rose asked, "Isn't there someone in London checking this sort of stuff?"

Margaret scoffed, "We're in Cardiff. London doesn't care. The South Wales coast could fall into the sea and they wouldn't notice. Oh. I sound like a Welshman. God help me, I've gone native."

Mickey spoke up, "But why would she do that? A great big explosion, she'd only end up killing herself."

"She's got a name, you know." She sniffed.

"She's not even a she," he retorted, "She's a thing." I sense a slight beeping from the model. I smiled, realizing what it was. "Oh, but she's clever," I reprimanded. I pulled out the middle section of the model and examined the back.