16

Seulgi's POV

It was about a few days since my recovery. Taeyong and I have been hanging out a lot lately and Hyorin kept glancing towards the both of us, or mainly me. I've been extra careful these days and was ready to fight back if anyone tried hurting me again. Jimin made his circle of friends and I guess he had already find a crush of his own.

School hours were over and I was heading back home when I received a message from Mr Jung.

Mr Jung:
read this article

He sent me a link and I knew it was about the criminal I was suppose to investigate. There were pictures of him and the headlines were "The New Criminal Magician?". As I continued to scroll down, one of the pictures caught my attention. The picture of the criminal with red hair. I suddenly had a thought of Taeyong being the criminal.

"It..can't be him, right?" I was having doubts. "I mean, anybody can have red hair." I uttered under my breath.

"Hey, Seulgi." I jumped in surprised as Taeyong crept from behind. I quickly put away my phone and tried calming myself down.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, hoping not to sound shaky.

"Can't I be here?" He asked, smirking at me and I rolled my eyeballs. "Anyways, I'm not letting you go home yet. I want you to meet someone." Even before I could reply to him, he grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me away.

"Who are we meeting?" I asked him as he hailed a cab right after.

"Someone that is very precious to me." It was about a thirty minute drive and then we reached in front of a house. It wasn't too small neither was it too big, just right for a family of four. He approached to the door and knocked on it. The door slowly opened, revealing an old lady, probably in her 60's or 70's.

"Halmeoni!" Taeyong exclaimed as he embraced his grandmother.

"Halmeoni-ssi." I greeted and bowed as a form of courtesy.

"Oh? Is this the girl you've been talking about?" She said and hugged me and I hugged back. Taeyong talked about me to his grandmother?

"Come in, come in." Halmeoni invited us in and gestured me to her balcony while Taeyong went somewhere else in the house. "Come and seat, my soon-to-be grand daughter-in-law." She patted the chair beside her.

"I'm sorry, Halmeoni-ssi but Taeyong isn't my boyfriend." I said awkwardly.

"Oh, that's a pity. Both of you make such a great couple and I can tell that he is into you." She laughs a little. "But because of you, I've never seen him smile so much." She continued.

"What do you mean?"

"Well...that boy had a really tough life. He is always facing problems that he couldn't handle himself. Every time he came to visit me, he always didn't wore a smile I used to see when he was a little kid. But nowadays, he told me a lot about you and that's when I saw that smile I yearned to see." Halmeoni explained as a smile slowly formed on her face.

"Anyways, he hardly introduced girls to me. In fact, I think you're the second girl that Taeyong introduced to me. The first girl..however-" I was curious on what she was going to say but Taeyong walked in with tea in his hands which totally cut off Halmeoni's sentence.

"Here's some tea for the both of you." Taeyong poured some tea in two mini teacups and handed one for both his grandmother and me. "So, what were the both of you talking about?" He asked.

"Just some normal talk. Nothing much." Halmeoni said casually and I was surprised that she replied very naturally and convincingly. We talked and stayed there until evening arrived and that was when we were ready to head back home.