"You're floating us all? Some of them are still young! You can't do that!"

One guard with light hair barked at her, "Drop your contraband," Evelynn quickly realized she was still clutching her music box. She shook her head again and held the silver metal to her chest.

The guard jumped at her, trying to grab it from her. She shoved him away, "Please don't take it," Evelynn stammered, her heart rate increasing, "It was my mom's."

The other guard with the wristband launched himself at her as well, but she quickly pushed him with all the force she could muster, causing the guard to tumble to the ground.

They locked her up for two years for being dangerous. She was going to show them dangerous.

The first guard lunged at her again. Evelynn kicked him hard in the shin, causing him to topple over. She then kicked him in the stomach for good measure.

The second guard stood by the doorway, she walked towards him and gave him a solid slap across the face. He was so surprised, he doubled back a few steps giving Evelynn time to run.

She moved quick, shoving her music box in her pocket. The guard she slapped stopped her quickly by swinging his leg out in front of her. Evelynn tripped out of her cell with a scream.

She looked up to see all the kids in juvenile detention being brought out of their lockup cells as well. Evelynn held onto the wall to help her stand as she frantically tried to figure out what to do.

She was being grabbed by one of her guards again when she saw an unconscious Clarke in Abby's arms.

Why was Clarke here?

Evelynn got a burst of adrenaline, she sharply grabbed her arms away from her guard and burst into a sprint to familiar faces.

"Abby!" She called out as she shoved through delinquents and guards. Before she could reach her friend, Clarke was being taken away by guards on a stretcher.

Abby looked up at her, but she was unable to explain amongst the panic around them.

Evelynn was nearly screaming, her voice breaking on the verge of tears, "What did they do to Clarke? Where are they taking us?"

Abby wasn't able to say anything before Evelynn was dragged away from her. Her guards had her pinned, one held her tightly, arms behind her back, while the other walked in front of them.

She used her legs to kick the guard walking in front of her and he fell over with a groan. She giggled a little, but her joy was short-lasting because the guard quickly stood up and picked her legs up to carry her away.

She sighed dramatically letting her body go limp, just to make their job even harder. She suddenly felt sharp needles pricking into her skin as a third guard successfully strapped on her wristband.

She was being walked along side all the other delinquents, but they still wouldn't let her walk for herself. To be completely fair, she probably would've tried to run away again, but it was still annoying.

There was a boy near her who didn't look much older than her with slicked back brown hair and a guard's uniform. He had a poorly concealed fearful expression plastered on his freckled face as they walked closer to their destination. He kept his head down so far down, almost disappearing into his jacket. Evelynn thought he almost resembled a turtle retreating into its shell.

Evelynn watched him as he walked beside her for a minute. She didn't know if it was because she hadn't seen a boy her age in years or if he was just really attractive, but god, this kid was cute.