Chapter 1

Dedicated to TOIS_Fanfic for the awesome cover.

"Meadowkit, come on!" Meowed Goldenkit as loud as she could manage. "What?" A sleepy-eyed Meadowkit asked as she slowly stretched in the mossy nest beside Goldenkit's.

"We're going to visit Foxrose so she can tell us a story remember?" Goldenkit replied excitedly.

Meadowkit bolted upwards wide awake as soon as the words left Goldenkit's mouth. "Oh yeah! I remember now!" She skitted over to the entrance where her sister was sat waiting impatiently. "Wait, where's Stormkit?" Meadowkit asked confused as she looked around the now empty nursery.

"He changed his mind this morning and went off to play with Iriskit and Squirrelkit." Goldenkit meowed sounding annoyed at the fact that Stormkit had bailed on them.

"Eh, to be honest, I don't blame him," Meadowkit said, her words muffled by the yawn that slipped out of her mouth at the same time.

"He probably didn't want to go because the whole clan knows that he's petrified of Birchfoot." Meadowkit finished, a giggle escaping her lips. Goldenkit giggled too at the memory.

Goldenkit swatted at Stormkit playfully but only swiped the air as her brother ducked and rolled out of the way.

Goldenkit watched giggling as Stormkit carried on tumbling through the clearing, clearly unable to stop.

But her giggles soon stopped as she watched Stormkit roll into Birchfoot, the grumpy old tom who had been snoozing out in the sun.

"Oi, watch where you're going you mouse-brained kit!" The elder screeched in annoyance, scaring right Stormkit out of his fur.

Stumbling in utter fear, Stormkit got onto his unsteady paws and bounded away towards the nursery, his face showing the whole clan how frightened he was.

After he had scampered out of sight into the nursery, Goldenkit and Meadowkit started giggling as they followed their brother inside. The chuckles of their clan behind them echoed in their ears.

The two kits raced out into the clearing scampering in and out of other cats legs as they made their way to the elders' den.

"Foxrose, we're here!" Goldenkit meowed loudly, as they sat down, waiting for them to be called in by the beautiful, sleek she-cat.

"Well come on in then." They heard Foxrose call to them, her voice muffled. Grinning at each other, they entered into the dark den and sat down as Foxrose came from the back of the den.

"What story would you like me to tell you this time?" The sleepy elder asked them as she lay down in a mossy nest.

"Can we have the story of Lightningstar's life please," Meadowkit asked her politely. "You promised you would tell us last time."

"Yes, I perfectly remembered telling you I will." Foxrose chuckled as she stretched out and then curled up in her nest, her eyes wandering far away as her memories came back to her.

--------

So guys what do ya think? So before anyone asks this is my first story on Wattpad so it probably won't be too good. Lemme know what ya think.

Vote, comment, follow.

XOXO