"That bastard better not have started, because I'm not done yet." She moves to open the bookcase, but pauses and turns to me with narrowed eyes, as though she's contemplating if she should believe what I just said.

Oh, no. I think she saw right through me.

She moves closer and looks into my eyes before moving to kiss me. It's ice cold and I feel like I'm going to have frostbite after the kiss. She moves away and glares at me.

"Why didn't you kiss me back then, you know, since you're so turned on?" I scramble for an excuse and almost shout in triumph when I find the perfect one.

"You're lips are cold as ice and I prefer to make out with people who are alive, Veronica." She narrows her eyes again and looks to see if I'm lying, but I have a great poker face and she buys it, moving to open the bookcase again. The restrains fall off and I pull my mother out of the hidden room and into my study where I can see Veronica standing over Blaze with the fountain pen.

Clifton is standing in the corner, restrained by the same black smoke and shards I was in before. I don't think Veronica knows she can't use that trick on two people at once, since she's surprised to see me standing in front of Blaze a second later.

"Now, Veronica, is that anyway to treat the woman I love?" I smirk at her and her eyes widen in realisation.

"You lied to me." Her voice is breathless and she's heaving. I try to grab the necklace from her neck but my hand goes right through. I wish Anna were here right now to do something about-

"Guess who's back, back ag-" Carly stops short in the middle of her sentence and looks at the situation in front of her.

"Carly, grab the necklace!" I yell and she looks at Veronica who's trying to go through the window, but she's weak and slow. I look to Clifton it see him struggling in the bonds so much, she has to add more and that's probably taking a toll on her energy.

"Why can't you-"

"Just try!" Carly rolls her eyes and walks up to a gasping Veronica before ripping the necklace by the feathers from her cold neck. A shriek fills the room and we all hunch over, our sensitive hearing being obliterated by her soul being sucked back to wherever it came from.

Silence fills the room and we all stare at each other. I look to Blaze and help her up before kissing her. She pushes me away though, moving towards my mother.

"Olivia, what's wrong?" Blaze helps my mother to sit down on the sofa near the entrance of my study where Blaze used to sit and read whilst I work.

"He's dying." I swipe my gaze towards my father, who's lying in a heap in the corner, motionless. Carly moves towards him, this being her first time seeing him after she faked her death. She kneels down next to his body and presses her hands on his chest after laying him on his back. She closes her eyes and starts chanting something in Lycanth, the ancient language of werewolves only healers learn today.

She starts writhing and coughing, before some kind of force rips her from his body. She hits the opposite wall, but nobody runs to go check if she's okay, because a hooded figure appears from seemingly out of nowhere, dark as night and decorated with a crimson hood.

A voice resonates in our minds as the figure steps aside to make room for a bright, pearl white glowing wisp to appear beside him.

"I am Azreal, the angel of death. He's coming with me, to the Netherrealms. Which one of you is his mate?" I can feel him staring at me, but I can't see his face. 

"Your soul is not untethered, my Darling, yet I have come to bring you back with me to Haven."
A soothing voice chimes in my mind like jingle bells. I glance at my mother and she looks to her mate being taken by the Angel of Death, but she doesn't seem to be bothered by the Moon Goddess, like she can't hear her.