Chapter 75 Everything

Start bij het begin

In his mind he pictured Heine Burton seizing him and holding him up in the training room.

Learn to steer you opponent.

His body responded and Xiao clasped Sheldon's jaw with one hand as he twisted his wrist as his body followed. Sheldon attempted to compensate for the disruption in his center of gravity and his hand released.

Jane took this moment to rapidly run his blade through Sheldon's chest. Jane did not relax his attack as the blade sunk into Sheldon's flesh, Jane's eyes were full of a dangerous and immense pressure. He pushed at the weapon until the handle hit the wound and Sheldon's body fell to the ground.

"Kill me." Sheldon looked at Jane, blood gushing from his wound.

Jane grabbed his hand and pressed on his broken wrist as the x-virus attempted to heal him.

"I hope that father will spare your life, then you can replace me as his body."

Jane whispered right into Sheldon's ear. Sheldon's eyes widened as he processed the meaning of Jane's words.

They heard footsteps running through the channel as they continued on.

"Are you sure that the fire control system is sealed?"

Jane ran ahead while asking Xiao Yan.
"I'm sure. You system is quite advanced so it has no defenses against such a common computer virus from more than 200 years ago. Unless Valentin personally removed it from the system, but that would require him to make manual calculations. Even with 200 years of wisdom, is should take more than an hour to clean out."

"Then we don't have much time left!"

They entered the submarine and closed the valve. Jane pulled Xiao into the cab and he noticed that Casey, Jerry and four other people were waiting for them.

Xiao stilled, perhaps they had discovered Jane's plan ahead of time and were waiting to trap them.

To his shock Casey ran forward and hugged Xiao Yan.

"Thank God you are here! If your head had been taken by Sheldon I would never forgive Jane!"

In that moment Xiao found his heart trembling and he almost moved to pat Casey on the back, then his hand stilled in midair.

Jane's lips widen into a grin. "You look down on me Casey! Did you get it?"

"Got it!" Casey revealed a smug look.

"Let's go!"

Casey attached the terminal and the submarine began to move.

Xiao Yan finally understood everything at this moment.
Jane had been plotting to steal the serum from Valentin, Casey ad Jerry were his accomplices. The reason Jane kidnapped him was because he needed his brain's interface rate to invade the master system and occupy Valentin while Casey snuck in and retrieved the data for the drug.

The submarine kept moving away, and the undulating mood of Xiao Yan began to even out.

He had been used by these scam artists!

"Next we need to find a place to get the agents for the serum. Otherwise we all die painfully." Casey deliberates on what to do next.

"Where do you want to go?"

"I need to synthesize the agents to remove the virus suffix, and Xiao has to make the x-2....hm..could we capture a base?" Jerry's tone was half joking. Xiao knows that if he doesn't' synthesize the x-2 as they say then Jerry will kick him out of the submarine.

"Is your head broken?" Casey looked over at Jerry with a cold expression.

"Don't worry about anything. We are free, Xiao Yan." Jane's fatigued voice breathes into his ear. Xiao looks over to see that Jane looks extremely tired. His lids are lowered and his head lolled on his shoulder. Before long his breathing evened out. This is the first time that Xiao Yan has ever seen Jane sleep.

Submarine surfaced in front of an island, revealing an aircraft.

The feeling of leaving the deep sea was unparalleled, Xiao Yan took a deep breath in relief. The water burst apart as they surfaced and the lively sound of birds brightly heralded their arrival.

"Hey! Idiot, if you don't keep up we will leave you here." Casey wrinkled his nose at him as he yelled.

For a moment Xiao's mind wandered to the past, where Casey was still the impish youth he had known.

"Let's go, baby." Jane looked briefly at Xiao and then restlessly pinched his waist.

Xiao Yan moved ahead of Jane and followed Casey outside.

They boarded the craft and left the island, heading deeper out to sea.

"Are we going to land?"