"He's in Pain, Isn't He?"

Peter POV

Since the blonde kid's prediction that Steve had 24 hours to live, everything was chaos. The Avengers, who were still in the dark and very confused, were helping the mechanic kids build. Annabeth and Tony were giving instructions, and Bruce was with the blonde children who were taking care of Steve. Bruce had told the Avengers that none of his methods were working and Steve had already siezed three more times. It was 2:00 am at the weird camp, but the area was abuzz with life like it was daytime. Peter got the feeling it wasn't normal for everyone to be up at 2:00 am, but however they all knew Steve, they cared a lot for him.

Peter talked to the Avengers as they worked, trying to deduce what they had learned about this weird camp. Everyone here knew Steve as Percy, which made no sense, as Steve had only been out of the ice for a short while and definitely hadn't attended any camps.

Also, everyone here was underage. They saw a couple people who looked maybe 19 or 20, but they were also wearing those orange "Camp 'something'" shirts. For some reason, none of the Avengers could read more of the shirts. The only adult was this guy named Mr. Brunner, sometimes called Chiron. They'd heard both, but didn't know why this guy was sometimes called by his first name. At least, Peter assumed his name was Chiron Brunner. That's why the kids called him those names, right?

They were all very confused about the lava wall and flying horses. This camp was clearly immersed in some type of magic. The Avengers had turned to Thor for help, but the Asgardian hadn't said much at all. It was obvious he knew, or at least had an idea, what was going on. But he wouldn't say. Only "it's not for me to tell," or "this is really bad," or "oh my Odin this is bonkers!"

Another strange thing was the niches. All the kids here were definitions of stereotypes. There was a group of kids in fashionable clothes and makeup, a group of buff kids who looked like they wanted to pulverized you, the group of blonde medics, a group of blonde brainiacs, etc. It was like a high school, but with even more stereotypes than normal.

Peter began to form an idea as to what was going on. The lava wall, the kids that looked as though they had seen too much, the rigorous training, the impossible and imense skills they all possessed.

This was clearly a top secret government training camp for mutants.

The kids in orange tried to hide it, but Peter knew he saw a kid burst into flames and then come out untouched, knew that iguana was just a teenager a moment before, knew that girl had just grown an entire plant in a few seconds, knew that other girl had just thrown a knife into a dummy's heart from 50 feet away.

There was no other explanation.

He shared this idea with the others. At first, they thought he was nuts. Natasha insisted that she knew nothing of this camp, and she would know as she was high up in SHIELD. But they were forced to accept he was right.

There was no other explanation.

Peter had even asked a girl about it. The girl wore an orange shirt. Her hair was dark and had a feather braided into it. She was gorgeous, with smooth dark skin and colorful eyes. "This is a camp for government mutants, isn't it?" He'd asked her. The girl's eyebrows raised, and then she laughed. "We're mutants, alright." She seemed like she was still hiding something, but what? She'd just confirmed it. After all,

There was no other explanation.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Will POV

Will was feeling very stressed. The bridge filter thing was being put up, but it was taking too long. It was already noon. The whole camp was working as hard as they could, but it wasn't enough. And Percy was getting worse. Will could feel his vitals weakening, and the demigod had had more seizures. Percy was nodding in and out of consciousness, too. When he was awake, he could feel the complete agony of his situation, and Will couldn't do anything. He'd made a call a little while ago to Sally. He hated making those calls. As head Healer, it was Will's job to notify family members when a demigod had died, or was close to dying. He'd said into the phone, "Sally, this is Will, the head Healer at Camp Half-Blood. You need to come in." Like he was taught, he didn't say anymore over the phone. Just told her to come in.