Thanos is Coming

I have come back to this book and decided to add some content about Infinity War and Endgame. 

TIMELINE: Before the first part of this book, Percy was recruited as Captain America by the Greek gods to join the Avengers Initiative. He helped defeat the army that Loki brought. Since Percy is Captain America, the events of Civil War have not taken place. Since the last Bonus chapter, Age of Ultron has taken place, and Thor: Ragnarok has just occurred. Now all the Avengers know each other, but it has been two years since they worked together to defeat Ultron. However, it looks like a reunion is in order...

September, 2018

"Percy, you need to get up," Annabeth chides humorously, nudging his ribs with her knee.

The son of Poseidon makes a deep rumbling noise to verbalize his objection and wraps his arms around his girlfriend's waist even tighter.  Laying on Annabeth is probably crushing her, what with Percy's size, but he does not care and the daughter of Athena does not seem to mind. They were both just starting classes as sophomores in New Rome, and Annabeth was already studying for her Advanced Calculus 308 class. Actually, Percy was supposed to be finishing some readings for class, too, but his backpack lay discarded on Annabeth's dorm room floor. He much prefers napping on his girlfriend to reading, even if his New Rome professors have Latin copies of all their textbooks.

"I'm serious, Percy. You're supposed to be working."

"I'll do it tomorrow," he mumbles into her thigh. He knows he is risking a lot here--Annabeth could easily maneuver him off. 

She sighs, but Percy does not think she is actually upset. He hears her sigh again, followed by a thump as she sets down her book. "Fine. How about this--we go get some coffee and a blue donut for you at Bacchus Beverages, but then you actually have to do your homework. Okay?"

He lifts his head, a trouble-maker smile dancing crookedly across his face. "I love you," he says excitedly, kissing Annabeth. 

She kisses him back before pushing Percy off of her and onto the floor. "Gods, you need to shave," she groans, poking her face. "I feel like I just got attacked by a cactus."

Percy frowns self-consciously as he rubs his chin, getting to his feet. Annabeth slips on her shoes and grabs her wallet and phone. "What do you mean? It's not bad--I shaved two days ago!"

Annabeth rolls her eyes and opens the door for him. "C'mon, let's get going. Ladies first."

He glares at her. She makes that joke all the time. But he just shrugs and walks out the door first, Annabeth sniggering behind him. 

They head down the stairs and leave the building, emerging right on the streets of the New Rome campus. Since there aren't as many demigods and descendants as a normal college would have, the dorms fit close together. Percy's rooms are only a five minute walk, which means he is never there and always at Annabeth's.

He takes her hand, brushing his thumb across her knuckles and studies her intently. She is more beautiful than ever, growing ever the more gorgeous each day. But what he really loves to see in her face is the relaxation. It has been a long while since the Giant War, and a two years since he last had anything to do with the Avengers. It has been mostly radio silent from them after they took care of Ultron. Sometimes he wonders if it was a dream. He has not seen Peter since he graduated from Midtown. And since Percy did not bring a phone to campus, he has not heard from anyone. There is not much technology in New Rome--Annabeth is still in a very small minority of students with phones.

And of course, there have been some hellhounds and empousai here and there, and Percy never goes anywhere without Riptide, but their lives have been wondrously, gloriously peaceful. There has been no word from the Avengers for two years, they have stayed (mostly) out of Apollo's business, and have been enjoying being as normal as they can. He loves to see that sense of happiness on Annabeth's face, free of worry or that stoic warrior's mask she so often wears. It makes him so happy to see her happy.