Invisible.......Chapter Three

Chapter Three:

''KARA WAKE UP NOW!''A voice yelled.

I opened my eyes to see daylight spilling in from my window. I climbed out of bed and staggered over to the window. Californian sunlight was back. Out side looked hot. I grabbed my towel and rushed to the bathroom. I had a quick shower before washed my hair. I climbed out and flung open my wardrobe. I heard the doorbell go off, but ignored it. It was probably the postman. I pulled on a white skirt, black leggings, a tank top and a white cardigan. I pulled on my black plimsolls with white laces. I ran a brush over my hair and tied it to the side before grabbing a black and white ribbon before I rushed downstairs. I had just finished tying the ribbon in my hair when I looked up to see the boy from yesterday and a girl sitting at the kitchen table with my mother who was watching me.

''Kara, this is Lucian and his sister Melissa from number six. Remember I was telling you about our new neighbours?''

I nodded

''well, there starting school and I thought it was a good idea if you took them in today. I was trying to tell you yesterday'' my mother cooed. I nodded and picked up my car keys and my pouch. They took this as a sign I was leaving and stood up.

''it was nice meeting you Mrs. Johnson'' Lucian said.

''Kara, aren't you going to say goodbye?'' my mother asked.

I turned and looked at her. She done this everyday and I hated it. I narrowed my eyes and was going to tell her to piss off but when she saw I was going to speak. I smiled sweetly and waved. All expression apart from anger left her face. I turned and walked off down the corridor.

''Maybe, you can find out what's going on with her why she wont speak'' my mother whispered to them.

Great. They had been talking about me.

I opened the door and walked over to my car: a silver BMW convertible. I took the roof off and climbed in. Lucian climbed into the back behind his sister who was in the front. I started the car and drove off.

''My names Luke NOT Lucian and that's Lisa not Melissa'' Luke growled.

''So why don't you talk?'' Melissa piped up.

Luke's mouth dropped open and I turned to look at her. We were at a red light so it was ok. She was pretty with long brown hair and she had a bit of a baby face. She looked around my age more a year or two younger. I smiled slightly before turning round. About ten minutes later we reached school. I pulled in and

watched as people turned to stare at my car and its new occupants. I climbed out with the two of them following me.

''Who's that?''

''Are they new?''

''Must be-''

We passed all the murmurs and whispers until we reached the office. The receptionist looked up and frowned.

''New?'' she asks.

I nod.

''alright Kara. When you going to become a captain of the cheerleading squad again. I remember you were all kind and bubbly as well as smart.'' She

sighed. I bend my head and sign them in. She found their schedules and hands them to me.

I get passes and begin showing them the school. When we're done its period three. I hand Melissa a piece of paper. She unfolds it and reads it to Luke as I walk off:

''Meet at two forty-five the latest or you walk.'' She reads.

''Nice.'' I turned and smile sweetly. Luke runs up to catch up with me. We have history while Melissa has music.