Invisible................. Chapter Four

Recap:

 ‘’it doesn’t matter as long as I have a good time’’ Aaron laughed. We reached the end of the line for food and paid quickly. Aaron walked over to two large tables. Both either had cheerleaders or footballers. Aaron sat down next to mike with me on the other side next to him and a good-looking brunette. She looked up at me and smiled.

‘’hi I'm Shana.’’ She announced. For some reason she reminded me of Kara. They looked so similar.

‘’yeah, we used to be best friends’’ she sighed. I realised with a start I had spoken this thought out loud.

‘’really, well I'm her neighbour now and she has already, sworn at me and called some really harsh names’’ I fake pouted. Shana dropped her fork and turned to me.

‘’what? She spoke?’’ her eyes were wide and a frantic look crossed her face.

In frowned ‘’yeah, less then ten minutes ago’’

‘’what exactly did she say?’’ she murmured. Everyone on the table was still oblivious to our conversation.

‘’that her family business and stuff wasn’t any of my business and the fact that her brother died wasn’t the reason she refused to talk’’ Shana listened and nodded thoughtfully.

‘’ Wow, I can’t believe—‘’

Just then the whole room became quiet and I looked up to see....

.....Kara walking to the queue.

 Slowly she paid for a drink and a sandwich before passing our table she glared at me and smiled weakly at Shane.

Wow news travels fast, I thought as I ducked my head.

‘’Kara wait’’ Shana cried. I looked up as Kara looked back and frowned. Shana walked over and hugged her tightly as she whispered something in her ear. In reply Kara shook her head, a determined look in her eyes. Everyone in the room is watching them as they talk; well Shane say things and Kara is shaking or nodding her head in response.

‘’Please...’’

Kara stood still and whispered one word but in the silent room seemed like a shout.

‘’Fine’’ then she walked away leaving silence in her quake.

Shana turned and yanked my hand.

‘’We need to talk’’

I stood up and followed her outside.

‘’If your going to get involved-which now you have no choice since she’s talking to you- then I think you should know at least what happened. Maybe she will listen to you...’’ she mused.

‘’What are you talking about?’’

‘’Everyone assumes Kara stopped talking about she felt bad about not being there with her brother. She was at the party while her brother died, but she wasn’t exactly having a great time. Kara doesn’t speak, not because of her brother but because while her brother had someone...she had no one.’’

‘’What are you talking about? She was at a party! Why would she need someone’’

‘’Yes I know that I was there! But...’’

‘’but?’’

‘’she wasn’t alone at the party. She went up stairs and then she came down- silent – and didn't speak. I asked her what was wrong and then I saw the blood and...I knew’’

‘’You mean?’’

‘’Yeah, Kara was sexual assaulted at the party as her brother died somewhere else’’

Kira:

Ouch, that was hard.

So people don't be mean. Comment and tell me what you guys think.

xx