“You deserve a chance Sam.”

It felt good hearing that, that I deserved a chance to prove myself again. She believed in me, out of all the people here, my old coach that I let down so many years ago still believed in me. She still believed I could be useful, and not a useless drop-out high school kid like my mom believed.

I drove home, thinking about everything I had on my plate and realizing my life was actually starting to come together, but at the same time it felt like it was threatening to crumble. Nikki was out there with pictures of me and Emma kissing, which really wasn’t a big deal because Megan and I weren’t together. What was the plan going to be if Nikki ever showed back up again?

It was really annoying me.

I drove up under the garage and walked to my door, letting myself in as I closed and locked the door behind me.

Then I came face to face with Megan.

I smiled, wondering why she looked so tense, “Hey.”

“I can’t believe you.”

I just looked at her, looking around to make sure she was talking to me. I turned my attention back to her when realizing I was the only one in the kitchen, “Um, what? Megan, are you okay?”

She spoke loudly, walking up to me, “You’re a fucking liar, Sam.”

I furrowed my brow, getting genuinely confused as to what the fuck was going on. I looked at Megan, “Megan, what the fuck are you tripping on?”

She whispered then, “Nikki’s in the bathroom listening to us, she thinks you cheated on me with Emma.”

I slapped my forehead, wishing this dumb bitch would just disappear. I growled under my breath, “What the fuck are we gonna do?”

Megan shrugged, “Well, we’re going to act like a couple having a break-up. So put your acting face on.”

Suddenly I heard Nikki exit the bathroom, walking back into the kitchen looking smug as ever. I laughed to myself, Oh bitch, if you only knew the truth.

She waved her phone, “Told you Megan would be heartbroken.”

I looked at Megan, wondering where the fuck to go with this. I had no idea how to break up with someone, or even pretend to be caught red handed in an affair.

I held up my hands, “Um, it’s not what it looks like?”

Megan took Nikki’s phone, holing it up to me, “It’s not what it looks like, Sam? You’re kissing her!”

I looked past Megan and at Nikki, giving her a confused but very stern death glare, and then back at Megan. I honestly was like a deer in the headlights, but I knew I had to sell this, so I would just try my best and pray for a miracle.