Chapter 18 Dalek Part 3

Re's PoV:

I heard my phone begin to ring as we ran up a long flight of stairs. I huffed out of my breath grabbing my phone.

"Not the best time Doctor." I told him, running from a killing pepper pot, but I was happy to here his voice though despite that.

"Where are you?" He asked me and I looked at Rose.

"Rose, where are we?" I requested to Rose.

"Level 49" she answered, I nodded and repeated what she told me to the Doctor.

"You've got to keep moving - the vault's being sealed off, bulkhead level 46." He explained to me, trying to multitask.

"Can't you stop them closing?" I asked him heavily, having difficulty breathing.

"I'm the one who's closing them. I can't wait and I can't help you. Now for God's sake, run." He told me. I was surprised he was closing them, but at the same time it was understandable. I nodded though the doctor couldn't see me, and sped up grabbing Roses hand as I passed her. I then shouted on my phone, hoping I wouldn't though up because of the feeling in my throat.

"We're nearly there, give us two seconds!" I saw the bulkhead closing and Adam was almost there, but Rose and I were still a bit away.

"Come on!" He shouted at us and I realised neither of us would get there, in time without a boost. I took a deep breath and push Rose ahead of me. She gave me a quickly look unexpected by that and passed the bulkhead just in time, which I couldn't. I banged onto the bulkhead, before fulling to the floor. I was to late, I wanted to cry, but knowing Rose was safe gave me a warm feeling as well. I slowly went in to pocket, to grab my watch, only for my eyes to widen. I began to panic and fear overwhelmed me it wasn't there. I didn't know what to do know, my good luck charm was gone. I heard the doctors voice on the phone, as tear feel from my eyes.

"Re, where are you? Re, did you and Rose make it?" The Doctor asked and I shook my head, trying to stop myself from crying.

"Rose... is fine Doctor... but I wasn't fast enough." I laughed with sadness in my voice, still trying to catch my breath. I noticed the Dalek was slowly appearing from around the corner. I began to slowly stand up again. "I'll guess I will see you then Doctor." Tears still ran down my face. "It wasn't your fault. Remember that, okay? Don't ever think this was your fault, neither was it Rose's tell her that please, look after her and do you know what?" I wiped my eyes, and smiled sadly. "I wouldn't have missed this for the world. Thank you Doctor for everything." I watched as the Dalek walked closer to me and I closed my eyes, dropping my phone.

Smiths PoV:

I watch as the Doctor rip of his ear piece, and I looked to the ground the feeling of sadness surrounding the room.

"I killed her" He spoke blankly.

"You didn't" I whispered from voice quiet.

"I'm sorry" Statten apologised, but that cause the Doctor to get angry at Statten.

"I said I'd protect her. She was only here because of me, and you're sorry? I could've killed that Dalek in its cell. But you stopped me." He shouted at the other man in the office.

"It was the prize of my collection!" He exclaimed to the Doctor.

"Your collection? But was it worth it? Worth all those men's deaths? Worth Re?" He yelled furiously. "Let me tell you something, Van Statten. Mankind goes into space to explore. To be part of something greater."

"Exactly! I wanted to touch the stars!" The man he was shouting at said with enthusiasm.

"You just want to drag the stars down and stick them underground underneath tons of sand and dirt. And label them. You're about as far from the stars as you can get." I stepped back at the Doctor as he got mad. I wanted to comfort him, but I stayed silent for what he told Statten was true. His voice suddenly softens into a sad tone. "And you took her down with you." He turned to stare into space "She was nineteen years old."

Rebecca Book 1 (Doctor Who Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara