Chapter 23

Turning around, Gidget and the others couldn't believe their eyes when they saw a certain little guinea pig, who had been missing for quite sometime, on the rooftop. "Norman!" the hawk cried happily, forgetting about the scratches on his cheek as he stretched forward as far as the chain would allow. Laughing, Norman bounded over to the hawk and, giving him a hug, replied, "I told you I'd be back."

"Norman, wait, you know this bird?" Mel asked, confuzzled

"Norman, wait, you know this bird?" Mel asked, confuzzled. Buddy was scratching his head while Gidget shut Chloe's mouth after the cat's jaw dropped. Sweetpea looked like he was trying to solve a complex math equation. Remembering that there were others up on the roof, Norman explained "Oh, right. Guys, I'd like you to meet my best friend Tiberius. Tiberius, these are my other friends and neighbors." Bowing his head, the hawk spoke courteously, "It's nice to meet you all."

"Is it meet or eat?" Chloe snarled. Light brown eyes flashing red, Tiberius growled at the tabby cat menacingly. Quickly, Norman interrupted a possible fight, "What brings you guys up here?"

"How long have you known this bird?" Mel questioned, completely off topic.

Coughing to get everyone's attention, Gidget informed Norman, "Max went missing and we're trying to find him. We were hoping for a higher vantage point but that didn't work out and your friend here tried to eat us..." Eyes lighting up, Norman squeaked, "Tiberius can help! He can fly and he's got keen eyesight. He'll find Max in no time!" Scuffing his foot, the hawk smiled faintly.

Sighing, Gidget answered, "Alright, he can help..."

Chloe groaned

Chloe groaned.