prologue

"Welcome back listeners. It's your girl Ivy and you are now tuning into adult time with The Quiet Storm on NYDS radio. I know for a lot of you it has been a longggg week and you just wanna start your Friday night off right with some slow jams and wine. You may have a lover at home that you wanna please and show attention to and tonight, I'm going to take it way back. Back to the 90s. Later on we're going to have some callers call in and just chat about your experiences in your love life. I'll give the best advice I can and you choose to apply it to yourself or not. Here's the number one song by H-Town, They Like It Slow."

The familiar seductive voice of Ivy spoke through the speakers of Rowland's iHome stereo as he listened intently. It was almost a routine for him each night to tune in at exactly 9 o'clock on the dot just to hear the voice he longed to connect a face to. It's been almost a year since 24 year old, Ivy joined NYDS radio to pursue her late show. Rowland, just like other tuners, were hooked and loyal. She knew just what to say when it came to relationships, jobs, and self love.. Ivy knew it all and Rowland truly believed that that was what drew him in. Pressing the volume button on the iHome, he turned it up as loud as it can go as H-Town played, bopping his head to the beat.

The 24 year old had a thing for R&B music but he was also an artist. On his down time, he listened to Ivy's show and came up with the next masterpiece he sought out to sell in the downtown village of Manhattan. Ivy was big an influence and inspiration for most of his recent pieces. With all of the creatives such as himself that hung out and networked in the area, it was easy for him to make just enough to provide for himself and pay the rent to his Studio apartment. He hoped that one day, he'd be able to open a gallery and get just as much recognition for his talent which he took very seriously.

"Mmm, that song takes me way back to the time I had this boyfriend and he knew just all the right songs to play but that in particular stood out to me. R.I.P to Dino from H-Town. He was the lead singer and knew just how to put it down for the ladies with his sex appeal. Men from the 90s were golden gems and I know that there are more of you out there somewhere!" Her alluring laughter took over his ears as they perked up just at the sound of her voice. His heart always skipped a beat each time she spoke and he felt as if she did something to him that he didn't truly understand. It was weird especially with the fact that he didn't know what this woman looked like or how old she was.. He just knew her provocative tone was a major turn on and kept him coming back for more. He embarked on setting up a new painting canvas on his favorite easel prior to opening the acrylic paint colors he planned to use for the piece he had in mind to begin.

Pulling up a stool shortly after to the easel before him, he routinely took deep breaths to help relax his tensed nerves. It was already a plus with the help of Ivy and was no problem to ease the posture he once had hunched. He was finally ready to develop his vision onto the canvas.

"But once again, you are tuned into The Quiet Storm on NYDS and I wanna go ahead and take the first caller in for the night. The topic we will be discussing are interests and how you plan on achieving them! It could be anything. A person, a job, a car. Don't hold back tonight people. We are grown and this show is for you to let it all out! Call in, Call in, Call in and let me know those interests." Suddenly Rowland's undivided attention was now away from the canvas and placed onto his cell phone that rested directly onto of the armrest of the couch. He wanted to call in just so he could tell her about how interested he was in her and finding out who she is..

Rowland was never the type to hold back and actually thought why not? He wasn't sure if his call would get answered or not due to the high demand of thousands of callers that were tuned in and ready to express themselves, but there was also a possibility that he held onto that he would be one of those callers that got an answer and finally spoke with his radio crush. He immediately stood off of the stool and made a beeline for his cellular device. Once he picked it up, he put in the 6 digit code prior to looking up the NYDS number on Safari to call in. As it began ringing numerous times, he placed the phone on speaker before walking back and forth.